In brief

The beautiful parish of Elton is in the northernwest corner of Cambridgeshire. We come under Huntingdon District Council

To contact the Parish Council email Wendy Grey, Parish Clerk or contact one of the Parish Councillors.

A short history of Elton

Early times

C1st Roman pottery etc. Found in Berryleas Field on Nassington Road

C 2nd Continual settlement from this date. The manorial settlement was at Netherend in Berrystead field adjoining the mill. Evidence found during flood alleviation work.

C11th Saxon crosses are in the church yard.

1035 King Canute visited the area on royal progress,

[Click here to read more about… A short history of Elton]