In brief

The beautiful parish of Elton is in the northernwest corner of Cambridgeshire. We come under Huntingdon District Council

To contact the Parish Council email Wendy Grey, Parish Clerk or contact one of the Parish Councillors.

Minutes 17th January 2017

MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 17TH JANUARY 2017 COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.

 

 

            Present: Cllrs Gentry, Holman, Langlands, Porter, Rankmore, Smith

 

In attendance: Angus Norriss, Lawrence Duncan, Linda Jepson, Phil Hayes, C Cllr Simon Bywater, William Proby, Mark Benson, D Cllr Rita Matthews

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: Cllr S Strowbridge, Cllr Cummins, Cllr Donoyou, Mrs W Gray Parish Clerk

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:

 

  1. Sibson Airfield Garden Village Proposal:

Angus Norriss updated the group with his views on next steps for the website. Suggested that the latest correspondence from HDC be broadcast and that a “how to” challenge/object to a planning application be published on the website and traffic be directed there. There are currently about 6500 subscribers now. Cllr Rankmore suggested that we need to address all audiences with information on how to help with the objections, and keep information up to date. Angus Norris identified 3 audiences – the core (parish members), surrounding with local interests such as cycling, and national groups with interests in the countryside and rural life, and each needs a tailored “call to action”. Cllr Langlands suggested that we need to copy the approach of the leaflet and make it clear what to do (i.e. what messages to send to who). Cllr Porter warned that the developer may attempt to circumvent HDC, straight to government and Cllr Holman suggested that the HDC response letter (that they are not actively supporting the development) be published on the website. William Proby updated the group on our MP’s willingness to convene a meeting with parish councils and HDC, and suggested that we use this opportunity to suggest that we haven’t been well served in this process and hope that it will not happen again. C Cllr Bywater indicated that he will also convey our enthusiasm for the meeting when he sees the MP. D Cllr Matthews asked if the PC would support any development on the land and the council replied that it would not for good practical reasons. Cllr Rankmore suggested that we need a structured plan for further action and Cllr Holman agreed that another meeting would be convened to discuss and agree. Angus Norris and Ben to be invited. D Cllr Matthews agreed to investigate progress on the information requests.

 

  1. Minutes of 20th December 2016:

Minutes to be updated by Cllr Langlands and re-issue for signature at the February meeting.

 

  1. Matters Arising from above minutes – update:

Village Walk Around – date to be arranged when Cllr Donoyou is back (1st February 2017.)

Cllr Gentry confirmed the white lines will be repainted by the Cambs CC in the spring.

HDC have delivered 100 sandbags which are stored in Dutch barns off River Lane by kind consent of EE. Cllr Holman has written to residents affected.

 

 

  1. YTD/monthly accounts v budget:

Bill for bulb planting to be sent to Cllr Rankmore.

If there is anything pressing, Wendy to get Mark and Ray to counter-sign.

 

  1. Precept 2017/2018:

Precept agreed at £18k and forms sent to HDC. Detail on budget for next year needs to be complete by the March meeting

 

 

  1. Authorisation of Payments:

 

 

  1. Street Lighting:

Application to county council for £10k grant towards street lighting upgrade completed by Cllr Donoyou. Cllrs Cummins and Holman presented the case to the CC and were given a sympathetic hearing. Will get result in March.

Cllr Rankmore repeated that K & M Lighting to not be paid until PC has received the monthly report detailing work that has been undertaken.

 

  1. A605 Junction:

No further update.

 

  1. Planning:

16/02652 – erection of a single storey dwelling including conversion of an existing Grade II listed Smithy, the Smithy, Overend. Phil Hayes raised his concerns with the proposed development, namely the scale of the development leaving little garden, and the “wall of glass” overlooking his property. He expressed appreciation for the changes already made to the plans, and his sympathy with the commercial concerns of a smaller development. Mark Benson (for Paul Bancroft Architects) highlighted the commercial problems with restoring the Smithy into a 1 or 2 bedroom property, and the need to make the extension subservient to the original building to support conservation requirements. However they will look at what can be done to reduce the impact of the glass design.

Cllr Holman confirmed that the PC will respond to HDC stating that we have no objections providing that the “wall of glass” issue is addressed via discussions over options which benefit both parties.

 

  1. The Moorings:

Cllr Holman to write to John Davis (Fotheringhay PC) to ask if he has heard from ENDC concerning the enforcement notices.

 

  1. Trees/Verges and Footpaths:

Iron Bridge – Reps attended site but had left by the time Cllr Smith arrived.  Wendy to pursue this case to the Magistrates Court procedure.

 

  1. Correspondence:

No correspondence.

 

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:

No Reports.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting:

Tuesday 21st February 2017

 

Meeting closed at 9.05 p.m.

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>