In brief

The beautiful parish of Elton is in the northernwest corner of Cambridgeshire. We come under Huntingdon District Council

To contact the Parish Council email Wendy Grey, Parish Clerk or contact one of the Parish Councillors.

Minutes 21st March 2017

MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 21ST MARCH 2017 COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.

 

            Present: Cllrs Cummins, Donoyou, Gentry, Holman, Langlands, Porter, Rankmore and Smith

 

In attendance: Mrs L Jepson, Mr O Nicholson, Cllr R Mathews.

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: Cllr S Strowbridge and Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk (ill)

 

  1. Declaration of Interest: None.

 

  1. Sibson Airfield Garden Village Proposal:

Meeting with Hunts DC on 17th March noted.  Key outcome was that the Parish Councils and Huntingdon District Council will work more closely in future.  Local Plan was key to this, Hunts DC reported that they had sufficient land to fulfil national targets to 2036 and therefore there was no need or desire to include Sibson GV in the emerging formal Local Plan.  Cllr Rita Mathews noted that chair of Hunts DC had circulated a helpful minute of meeting.  Cllr Mathews agreed to ask Hunts DC if this can be posted to public as an update on current position.  PC wished to see this email and agree prior to it being made public.

 

  1. Minutes of 21st February 2017:

Cllr Langlands proposed, seconded Cllr Cummins that the above minutes reflected a true and accurate account of the meeting.

 

  1. Matters arising from above minutes:

MH and RD to meet School Head on 22nd March to discuss PC’s response to planning application.

 

  1. YTD/monthly accounts v budget:

Increase lighting budget to £15,000

Impact on reserves is a reduction to £14,000

Precept will continue at £18k for future financial years

Proposed Cllr Rankmore, seconded Cllr Cummins.

Thanks to RR and Parish Clerk for producing budget.

 

  1. Authorisation of Payments:

No invoices produced for payment.

 

  1. Street Lighting:

Adverse decision of Local Transport Initiative noted.  RD to advise Cllr McGuire on officers whose

further advice has been sought.  RD to contact potential contractor to ascertain practicability of a       budget from reserves of £15k with a further potential £10k in 2017-2018.

Proposed Cllr Rankmore, seconded Cllr Smith that:

    • Increase budget from £10k to £15k for 2017-2018.
    • RD to seek feedback from county.
    • Funding (for **) will depend on grants going forward, continue this process/ongoing.
    • Clerk to re-format budget accordingly.

 

 

  1. A605 Junction:

No further correspondence (progress).

A47 dualling proposals noted along with public exhibition at Haycock on 24th March.

 

  1. Planning:

No new applications.

Parking in Middle Street – School are aware of problem, significant complaints from residents.  School are willing to purchase replacement/additional traffic cones.  However, the need for a formal travel plan is the only realistic long term solution.  Possibility of double yellow lines noted.  IT WAS RESOLVED THAT PC should pursue with CCC and police this option.

 

  1. Trees/Verges and Footpaths:

Iron Bridge – Agreed to write to NCC confirming that S.56 procedures will now be instigated.

 

DMMO claim Elton Lock to Warmington Lock – PC has served formal notice on landowners (Mr & Mrs Harrison) who have not previously been notified.  PC has also served notice on County Council which is now progressing the claim.

 

Notes of walk about noted.

 

Pages Passage Well – Cllr T Cummins to formally write to Clerk confirming interest in purchasing the former well site.  PC then to write to CCC seeking formal confirmation of ownership.

 

Grasscutting Contract – MH and RD to finalise asap.

 

  1. The Moorings, Elton:

Elton Society requested that PC formally write to ENDC in support of enforcement.  Proposed Cllr Smith, seconded Cllr Porter.

 

  1. Correspondence:

Cllr Holman reported that correspondence re Mayor and Combined Authority had been posted on            Parish Notice board.

 

MH mentioned meeting with EA and contractors that morning to discuss works to the weir and flood      alleviation area.   RD noted archaeology in the immediate vicinity and thought an archaeologist             “watching brief” may be appropriate.

 

Cllr Gentry to draft a response to Mr Vartan’s letter re speeding vehicles within village.

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:

Cllr Rankmore noted the proposals for the Wansford Integrated Care Facility.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting:

Tuesday 18th April 2017

 

Meeting closed at 21.20 p.m.

 

 

 

 

Signed: ………………………………                                   Date: ……………………..

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>