In brief

The beautiful parish of Elton is in the northernwest corner of Cambridgeshire. We come under Huntingdon District Council

To contact the Parish Council email Wendy Grey, Parish Clerk or contact one of the Parish Councillors.

Minutes 21st November 2017

MINUTES OF MEETING OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 21ST NOVEMBER 2017 COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.

 

PRESENT:  Cllrs Gentry, Holman, Langlands, Porter, Rankmore, Smith and Strowbridge

 

IN ATTENDANCE:  Mrs W Gray Parish Clerk, (County Cllr S Bywater arrived at 7.50 p.m.) and 7 members of the public.

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: District Cllr R Mathews, Parish Cllrs T Cummins and R Donoyou.

 

  1. Declaration of Interest: Cllrs Holman, Langlands and Rankmore (Middle Street and Church View House).

 

  1. Minutes of 17th October 2017:

Cllr Langlands proposed above minutes were signed as a true an accurate record of events of the meeting, seconded Cllr Gentry, all in favour.

 

  1. Matters Arising from above minutes – update:

Connection Bus Project – further information requested awaiting response.

Voluntary Funding Event – Rutland – further information requested awaiting response.

 

  1. Sibson Garden Village:

As Cllr Matthews was unable to attend meeting she had forwarded following report“The Local Plan being put forward will be in the public domain on the 5th December. It will go to Overview & Scrutiny Committee on the 12th December followed by Cabinet on the 13th December.

It will then be published for Public Consultation on the 18th December for approx. 6 weeks (extra to cover Xmas period) and will end approx. end of January 2018 after which comments will be considered and after representations the Final Version will be given to the Planning Examiner on the 29th March 2018.

At present I am reliably informed that Sibson is not one of the choices for development sites.

As you know I am completely on the side of the residents of Elton/Sibson-Stibbington, Chesterton & Alwalton who will all be affected if this development went ahead and will continue to work for the benefit of the Villages I represent.”  Cllr Rita Matthews.

 

Cllr Holman advised should encourage residents to respond to HDC.

 

Cllrs Gentry and Langlands have met again with Angus re resurrecting website, website is now working, Cllr Holman will send out email with link to the site once has been advised by Cllr Langlands.

 

Cllr Smith read out letter received from our MP which needs to go on to the website.

 

It was proposed by Cllr Rankmore that we put £5000 aside (to fund out of reserves) for representing the village’s interest in any forthcoming enquiries assuming Sibson is not included in the plan .

 

  1. Street Lighting:

Waiting to hear from County Council feedback from our LHI proposal, CCC have acknowledged receipt.

 

  1. YTD/monthly accounts v budget:

Current update reported to Cllrs.  Cllr Gentry proposed, seconded Cllr Smith that precept remains at £18,000 for the next financial year, all in agreement.

Parish Council website – Cllr Langlands would recommend go ahead with what proposed i.e. £300 per year.

£500 budget re Angus i.e. to be paid out of this year’s accounts.

 

  1. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary/Tax November £300.00
K&M Lighting Services November £75.25
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe 12th & 17th October £40.00
DD E-on – November £238,24

 

Cllrs Langlands, Porter and Strowbridge approved the above invoices for payment.

 

Income received since last meeting – None.

 

  1. Highways:
  2. A605 Junction:

Bollards are in place – Cllr Holman expressed thanks to County Cllr Bywater for his efforts – positive feedback from the village.

 

White lining gone back in from Speed Camera – can we find out if camera is operational – Cllr Gentry will investigate.

 

  1. Double Yellow Lining Middle Street:

Cllr Holman would like consideration to be given to this project.

 

  1. Extending 30 MPH limit to beyond Greenhill Road:

Could be funded from any new planning.

 

  1. Planning:

Local Plan response/call for sites – strong objections to Sibson Village submitted, we also put in individual objections to every site in the village.  Raised objection but left doors open for discussion.

 

  • Rebuild of collapsed garage 5 Middle Street, Elton 17/02033/LBC – Elton Parish Council have no observations to make.
  • Erection of car port attached to existing garage at Church View House 6A Overend Elton 17/02236/HHFUL – Elton Parish Council feel that the site is already over developed and that there is already adequate space for parking and would beopposed to this planning application.
  • Conversion and alterations of existing barn to form new dwelling and construction of new garage at Threshing Barn Sheepwalk Farm Oundle Road 17/02237/FUL ***
  • Conversion and alterations of existing barn to form new dwelling and construction of new garage at Threshing Barn Sheepwalk Farm Oundle Road 17/02392/LBC ***

            *** Elton Parish Council have the following comments to make:

  • The local authority should consider the desirability of creating a further dwelling in an isolated position.  But, it is difficult to see what other use could be made to effect the repair of the building and secure its long term future.
  • The proposed garage should be in stone with a natural slate roof.
  • The local authority should impose a planning /lb consent condition to reserve details of all boundary treatments and ground surface treatments.  The suggested reason is that this will remain agricultural in character and part of a group of former agricultural buildings within the landscape.  It would be undesirable for the development to undermine the relationship between the farmhouse and farm buildings and landscaping / boundary treatments should avoid suburbanisation of the historic buildings and their settings.

 

  1. Trees/Verges and Footpaths:
  • Iron Bridge – Elton Nassington – letter sent to NCC requesting dates etc. Pursue at next meeting.

 

  • Elton Lock to Warmington Lock towpath – awaiting on local hearing.

 

  • Northamptonshire Greenways – Cllr Donoyou will produce plan for further meeting.

 

  1. The Moorings, Elton:

Insurance re legal procedures etc.  Also write to local ombudsman!!!  Awaiting response from

ENC.

 

  1. Village Shop:

Cllr Holman will arrange to meet with Sir W Proby together will Cllr Donoyou when they both

return from holiday.  Post Office currently operates Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 am to 2 pm.  No

further news re coffee shop.

 

  1. Correspondence:

Email from Mr Bail – Cllr Holman and Parish Clerk will draft a response.

 

Thank you for your emails of 18th July and 13th October and 21st November 2017.  The Parish       Clerk is currently in the process of typing up the minutes of our last meeting held on the 21st

November in which the following will be noted in an Addendum as shown below after item 16.

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:

Kings Cliffe surgery – meeting on 7th December at midday, Parish Councils and other groups going to be there plus representatives of other Parish Councils invited, would suggest two people go from Elton Parish Council.  Cllrs Strowbridge and Smith may attend.

 

Beulah House – drain blocking up – Parish Clerk to contact highways.

 

Fields in Trust – further information requested.

 

Cllr Holman had a brief chat with Sir W Proby re planning application for Black Horse Car Park – planning application submitted.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting:

Tuesday 19th December 2017

 

Meeting closed at 9.13 p.m.

 

 

ADDENDUM TO MINUTES

 

Mr and Mrs Bail have asked us to clarify that

 

The Moorings are at Fotheringhay not Elton.
There has only ever been ONE enforcement order for the removal of two caravans but was changed         by the Appeal Inspector to one which was complied with, not several for the removal of six caravans    and derelict cars.
The published minutes stated that they were being taken back to court.  Mr and Mrs Bail have never    been taken to court.  Mr and Mrs Bail have also pointed out that a complaint made to Mr Richard

Proctor about the advertising of a mooring and land for rent which did not belong to them.

 

 

 

Signed: ………………………………                                   Date: ……………………..

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>