MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 15TH MARCH 2016 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

 

          Present: Cllrs Cummins, Donoyou, Holman, Owen, Porter, and Strowbridge

 

          In attendance: Mrs W Gray, 2 members of the public Linda Jepson and

Chris Edis.  Joanne Philpott from HACT and James Douglas (EE).  District Cllr R Mathews arrived at 8pm.

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Gentry, Rankmore and Smith.

 

  1. Declaration of Interest: None

 

  1. HACT – Community Transport Scheme (Joanne Philpott) – following her last visit about 12 months ago Joanne brought along new brochures for displaying on notice boards, village shop etc, 3 members are currently registered at the moment from Elton who use the system. The PC agreed to request 300 copies from JP to enclose with the next issue of the Village Magazine, thus making all residents aware.

 

  1. Minutes of 16th February 2016:

Cllr Donoyou proposed, seconded Cllr Holman that above minutes were signed as a true and accurate record of meeting, all in agreement.

 

  1. Matters Arising from above minutes – update: none

 

  1. YTD/monthly accounts v budget:

Parish Clerk gave an update on the current financial position.

 

Budget 2016/2017 – It was proposed by Cllr Cummins, seconded Cllr Donoyou that        we need to increase street lighting figure from £1000 to £7000 in the budget all Cllrs     in agreement. This has the impact of reducing the reserves by £6,000 and that the PC           considered this to be acceptable in the light of the fact that the reserves would be         £16,614 after the proposed investment in street lighting and in line with the guidelines          on the maintenance of reserves in the interests of good governance etc.

 

  1. Authorisation of Payments:
K & M Lighting Services – Maint March 2016 £61.15
Wendy Gray – Salary March 2016 £240.00
Wendy Gray – Tax March 2016 £60.00
Wendy Gray – Expenses £121.50

 

Cllrs Donoyou, Porter and Strowbridge approved the above invoices for payment.

 

  1. Street Lighting:

Cllr Cummins advised on the current situation following the survey of all the lights.     Skanska will be contacted for 3 possible dates for a meeting with the Parish Council which will be represented by Cllrs Cummins, Donoyou and Smith (meeting now       scheduled for 29th March 2016).

 

  1. A605 Junction:

Helpful response from our MP.  A copy of our comments on the Peterborough Local Plan has also been forwarded to him.  Additional copy of response also to be sent to Cllr R Matthews.

 

  • Planning:

Nothing to report.

 

  • Transport Grant Update:

Cllr Donoyou advised that we were not successful with our grant application; hopefully have other chances to apply in the future.

 

  • Grasscutting:

Tenders have gone out; Cllr Holman has received 1 back.  Received a telephone call from one we approached who advised did not think he would be putting in a tender i.e. increased cost of removing grass.

 

  • Trees/Verges and Footpaths:

Iron Bridge – Elton/Nassington – Letters sent to NCC and CCC (since date of meeting responses have been received).

 

Discussion re slabs that have been placed outside No. 1 Stocks Green.  Cllr Cummins will speak with resident advising remove slabs, suggest goes back to his landlord, work with him and possibly suggest another way.

 

A tree has been donated by local resident Rob Fisher – Cllr Donoyou would like to plant opposite side River Lane entrance to the Mill i.e. opposite highway verge of entrance to the substation – all in agreement.

 

  • Elton Estates Liaison Meeting:

Item to be taken off agenda.  Fishing Club re equipment left behind, dog fouling, asked EE to tidy up etc. ???

 

  1. Correspondence:

Litter Bins – Copy of letter given to Cllr Mathews who will speak with sender to seek further clarification.

 

  • Reports from Councillors:

Cllr Mathews asked if S106 monies received had been used – it was confirmed that this was in fact used to pay for the bulk of the monies for the survey of the street lights.

 

Elton Society – Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebrations –

  1. would like permission to block off Middle Street
  2. would like representative of Parish Council i.e. volunteer (Shirley Strowbridge)? SS will bring back further details of the proposed day’s event to the Parish Council.

 

Cllr Cummins proposed would like the Parish Council to support the event, all in agreement.

 

  • Date of Next Meeting:

Tuesday 19th April 2016

 

Meeting closed at 9.19 p.m.

 

Signed: ………………………………                               Date: ……………………..