MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 16TH FEBRUARY 2016

 

 

          Present: Cllrs Donoyou, Gentry, Holman, Porter, Rankmore and Smith

 

          In attendance: Mrs W Gray, 2 members of the public Linda Jepson and Sue      Curtis

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Cummins, Owen and Strowbridge, District Cllr R Mathews.

 

  1. Declaration of Interest: None

 

  1. Minutes of 19th January 2016:

Cllr Porter proposed, seconded Cllr Smith that above minutes were signed as a true and accurate record of meeting, all in agreement.

 

  1. Matters Arising from above minutes – update: none

 

      5 YTD/monthly accounts v budget:

Parish Clerk gave an update on the current financial position.

 

Cllr Rankmore reported on budget to date, emphasised very important that we get input on what we need to spend on lighting for next year.

 

  1. Authorisation of Payments:
K & M Lighting Services – Maint February 2016 £61.15
Wendy Gray – Salary February 2016 £240.00
Wendy Gray – Tax February 2016 £60.00

 

Cllrs Donoyou, Gentry and Porter approved the above invoices for payment.

 

  1. Street Lighting:

Cllr Cummins to be requested to contact Skanska re quote to progress priorities for

putting right as a matter of urgency. Agreed that a subcommittee comprising             chairman, vice chairman and Cllrs Smith and Cummins should meet to discuss     options.

 

  1. A605 Junction:

Response received to our letter of 4th February 2016 Cllr Smith will circulate to all Cllrs and arrange for a copy to go on notice board.

 

  1. Planning:

Stables Billing Brook – no further comments to make.

 

Cllr Smith reported that Cambs CC have approved the application for a retaining structure to No. 18 Vinco Terrace and the applicant now required a “Stopping up order” by Hunts DC to temporarily close the road to construct the retaining structure.  Noted that this process is ongoing.

 

  1. Transport Grant Update:

Progress reported under item 4.

 

  • Grasscutting:

Draft document and maps produced for Cllrs – this is first draft need comments in by end of this week so that we can produce information to go out to tender.  Cllr Smith will produce pricing document.

 

  • Trees/Verges and Footpaths:

Iron Bridge – Cllr Donoyou received advice from a professional expert in these matters who has produced a draft letter for the Parish Council to send to NCC and CCC serving notice.  The Parish Council have details of who to send to at NCC, Cllr Holman will seek advice from Cllr MacGuire on who to send to at CCC.

 

Approx cost for advice £300 (Cllr Rankmore proposed we set aside £500 in next year’s budget for this, seconded Cllr Porter, all in favour).

 

Elton Lock/Warmington Towpath – Cllr Donoyou proposed that we send a similar letter to make claim on this right of way, seconded Cllr Rankmore, all in favour.

 

Trees – tree working party is due to establish which trees require attention.

  • Tree on Middle Street outside Pembroke Cottage (BT to be contacted) as branches grow through telephone lines.
  • Trim tree outside Rutland House.
  • Various dead trees on public verges.
  • Tree outside 19/21 Middle Street – highways to be contacted to remove branches and make safe

 

  • Elton Estates Liaison Meeting:

Cllr Holman, Donoyou and Strowbridge in attendance from the Parish Council. Cllr Holman prepared minutes and circulated to those in attendance.

 

Stocks Green – there are some slabs that have appeared on Stocks Green (after meeting).  Cllr Holman approached EE but they were not aware of any permission (Mike Holland no consent for them to be there) we would not be able to cut grass properly.  Draft letter to tenant.  Cllr Holman will circulate minutes to all Cllrs asap.

 

  • Peterborough Plan Representation:

Cllrs Donoyou and Holman prepared document – circulated to all Cllrs – if they are happy with content Parish Clerk to submit to Peterborough City Council at the weekend.  It was also agreed we would forward a copy to our MP, District and County Councillors.  Proposed Cllr Gentry, seconded Cllr Smith all in favour.

 

  1. Correspondence:

Email from Mr Vartan re container lorries knocking down posts, chewing up green area – Cllr Holman will respond.

 

  • Reports from Councillors:

Email Crossing Patrols – information to be sent to school if not already done so.

 

Cllr Smith reported Sue, Sally and Chris Molloy from Rectory Farm Mews have now planted most of the trees on the Spinney.  Need to enlist help in disposing of some of the rubbish – item for magazine.

 

  • Date of Next Meeting:

Tuesday 15th March 2016

 

Meeting closed at 9.20 p.m.