MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 16TH JUNE 2015

 

 

            Present: Cllrs Cummins, Donoyou, Holman, Smith and Strowbridge

 

            In attendance: Mrs W Gray Parish Clerk, 2 members of the public, County Cllr M McGuire

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: Cllr R Rankmore, Cllr M Porter (in hospital – we wish him a speedy recovery), District Cllr R Mathews

 

  1. Declaration of Interest: None

 

  1. Minutes of 19th May 2015:

Cllr Donoyou proposed, seconded Cllr Cummins that above minutes were signed as a true and accurate record of meeting, all in agreement.

 

  1. Matters Arising from above minutes – update:

Parish Council Mower – Parish Clerk advised the meeting that Leesons Lawnmowers have been approached by Mr Kirk to provide a valuation.  Mr Kirk has been in hospital and Leesons man has been unwell, hoping to resolve this shortly.

 

  1. YTD/monthly accounts v budget:

Expenditure to date is what is expected.

 

  1. Authorisation of Payments:

 

K & M Lighting Services – Maint June 2015 £61.15
Wendy Gray – Salary June 2015 £240.00
Wendy Gray – Tax June 2015 £60.00
Wendy Gray – Expenses March/April/May £98.47
A Flatters – Grass cutting June 2015 £445.00
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe April/May 2015 £40.00

 

Cllrs Donoyou and Strowbridge approved the above invoices for payment.

 

Bank Signatories – new forms obtained to add Cllrs Holman, Donoyou and Strowbridge onto the Parish Council Bank Signatory list and Cllrs Burgess and Kirk to be removed.  Forms duly completed.

 

  1. Street Lighting:

Cllrs attended meeting with Lighting Maint Contractor re issues we have a) lights are not very bright b) in        state of disrepair and need some updating to meet regulations.  The Contractor has suggested to replace 2/3 bulbs with LED equivalent to see if they do the job, if successful look at extending across all the lights.  This         possible cost of replacing 23 fittings is not in the budget, if we have to replace the fittings this would have to       be paid out of reserves. There are only 11 street lights that have fittings which can take bayonet type bulbs.

           

            IT WAS UNANIMOUSLY RESOLVED THAT

  1. THE PC WILL INVESTIGATE ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO FUND PC STREET LIGHTS (Cllr Donoyou will investigate and will contact Emma Murden and Tom Blackburn from  Cambridgeshire County Council)
  2. THE MAINTENANCE CONTRACT, DUE FOR RENEWAL IN SEPTEMBER WILL BE COMPETITIVELY TENDERED – CCC may provide lists of potential contractors.
  3. Existing contractor to be requested to produce a report at end of his final inspection detailing condition of each street light + connections and overall system – to reach Parish Clerk a week before our next meeting in July.
  4. CLLRS CUMMINS, DONOYOU and SMITH TO DRAFT NEW CONTRACT.

(proposed Cllr Cummins, seconded Cllr Smith)

 

  1. A605 Junction:

No further news from Highways.  Cllr McGuire reported – “very unlikely that anything will be done, no approval for any scheme.  Accident record at the road junction has improved and given that is the situation it is most unlikely any funding will be forthcoming from Cambridgeshire County Council for a capital scheme at this junction at this stage”.

 

Parish Clerk to contact Charles Simpson, Office Manager for Shailesh Vara MP who attended our Parish Council meeting in March who advised he would report our concerns to Shailesh Vara with a response being sent to the Parish Council.

 

  1. Planning:

No new planning applications received.  Cllr Smith will forward spreadsheet to all re current status of applications.

 

  1. Trees/Verges:

Cllr Donoyou reported trees planted this year just about alive, volunteers urgently required to keep trees watered.

 

Areas that have been cleared – need to go and inspect to see if do urgent works to the Spinney to improve security – suggest walk round to decide what needs doing.  Cllr Smith looking at acquiring some hedgerow plants, application has been done and submitted, not due for determination until sometime in September.

 

  1. Broadband:

Latest update (website) suggests will be available in our area in September.

 

Phone Mast – Cllr Smith will look into possibly having a mast on the Spinney and will contact phone companies.

 

  1. Boundary Commission – Electoral Review of Cambridgeshire (Draft Recommendations)

Cllr McGuire explained what the draft recommendations were looking at reducing the number of Cllrs from 69 to 63.  Do away with 2 member divisions could reduce from 63 to 61.  Now out to public consultation.  CCC would like Parish Council support.  Suggested go to LGBC website.  Cllr Donoyou proposed make suggestions along lines discussed, seconded Cllr Smith, all in agreement “do not accept/agree with draft recommendations”.

 

  1. Coopers Hospital

Cllr Holman gave a brief resume of the structure of Coopers Hospital.  Following the resignations of Mr Burgess and Mr Kirk from the Parish Council who were the Parish Council’s representatives.

CLLR DONOYOU PROPOSED , SECONDED BY CLLR CUMMINS AND UNANIMOUSLY AGREED THAT CLLR HOLMAN BECOME THE PC’S NEW NOMINEE WITH EITHER EX CLLR BURGESS OR EX CLLR KIRK TO REMAIN A TRUSTEE FOR 1 FURTHER YEAR WHENTHE POSITION WILL BE REVIEWED BY THE PC. 

Cllr Holman will write asking if either Jim or Ian take remaining place as a Trustee in their own right.

 

  1. Correspondence:

Email from Crown re village event on 31st August requesting permission from the Parish Council to use the greens.  No objections but a request to be made that consideration should be given to the noise volume.  Cllr Holman will draft a response.

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:

Verge overgrown on Greenhill Road, noted.  Cllr Holman to reply to resident.

 

Email received from Simeon Carroll, Rights of Way Officer, Cambridgeshire County Council “I have just been informed by Northants County Council that following a damming condition report they are going to close the footbridge over the River Nene marked on the attached map and shown in the photo.  The footpath on the Elton side of the bridge will remain unaffected but Northants will put up a sign at the junction with the bridleway stating that the bridge is closed so that people can decide if they want to proceed.  Obviously access across the bridge will also be  prevented with barriers either end.  There is no information yet on how long it will take to repair or replace the bridge but the current            expectation is that the bridge could be closed for up to a year.  I’d be grateful if you could disseminate this information within Elton parish and if you have any further questions you should direct them to Katie Angel who is the Rights of Way Team Leader in Northants who I’ve copied into this email.  Cllr Donoyou reported responsibility shared between     Cambridgeshire County Council and Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire seem to be taking the lead.  Cllr Donoyou has requested copy of said report.

 

Cllr McGuire requested that any correspondence re the bridge closure be forwarded to him, he is attending a     meeting within next couple of weeks Cllr Smith from Northampton will also be in attendance.

 

IT WAS UNANIMOUSLY RESOLVED THAT

  1. a) Get further advice on the report
  2. b) write to Northampton, (cc Cllr McGuire) re the importance of the bridge to users and the prospect of it not being replaced,
  3. c) Cllr Donoyou will draft letter and forward to Cllr McGuire.

            (proposed Cllr Donoyou, seconded Cllr Smith)

 

            Grand Fondu – concern expressed at lack of information on road closures, appeared to be area wide.  Cllr         McGuire reported there would be a follow up on the event to ensure this does not happen next year.  Cllr   Smith reported Cycling event passing through Oundle from 10 a.m to 11 a.m. on **** – could this be communicated to rest of the village.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting:

Tuesday 21st July 2015

 

Meeting closed at 9.25 p.m.

 

Signed: ………………………………                             Date: ……………………..