MINUTES OF MEETING OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 19TH DECEMBER 2017 COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.

 

PRESENT:  Cllrs Cummins, Donoyou, Holman, Langlands, Rankmore, Smith and Strowbridge

 

IN ATTENDANCE:  Mrs W Gray Parish Clerk and 2 members of the public.

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: District Cllr R Mathews, County Cllr S Bywater, Parish Cllrs Gentry and Porter.

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:

 

  1. Minutes of 21st November 2017:

Cllr Rankmore proposed above minutes were signed as a true an accurate record of events of the meeting, seconded Cllr Langlands, all in favour.

 

  1. Matters Arising from above minutes – update:

Connection Bus Project – further information requested awaiting response.

Voluntary Funding Event – Rutland – further information requested awaiting response.

Blocked drain outside Beulah House, Back Lane – reported to highways.

 

  1. Sibson Garden Village:

Cllrs Langlands updated members following meeting previous evening with our Website Champion.  Cllrs Cummins/Donoyou will draft a response to Larkfleet, it was agreed Parish Chairman should sign and that the letter will be sent out before the end of the year.

 

Cllr Smith advised that Angus will be forwarding his invoice (£500) – it was agreed that this is included in this year’s budget for payment.

 

  1. Street Lighting:

Cllr Donoyou copied in all Cllrs to recent update from CCC (Scott Parsons), Cllr Holman extended thanks to Cllr Donoyou for all his hard work.  Cllr Donoyou will tidy up forms and return to SP. Cllrs Holman and Donoyou will have to present the pc’s case for the award of grant to the County panel in January.  We should know a month or so after this if the requested grant of  £9999 will available 1st April 2018.

 

  1. YTD/monthly accounts v budget:

Precept form completed – request for precept of £18,000 for 2018-2019 financial year (same as last year).

 

  1. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary/Tax November £300.00
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Expenses £57.55
K&M Lighting Services November £75.25
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe 21st November £20.00
DD E-on – November £230.54

 

Cllrs Donoyou, Langlands and Strowbridge approved the above invoices for payment.

 

Income received since last meeting – None.

 

  1. Highways:
  2. A605 Junction: Cllr Holman reported Bollards are in place, thanks extended to Cllr Smith for his involvement – all agreed a great improvement. Item to be taken off agenda for the time being.

 

  1. Planning:

17/02504/FULExtension of existing car park to provide additional 27 spaces plus timber post and rail fence and new wall at Car Park Opposite the Black Horse Inn Overend Elton – “The parish council support the principle of this application.  However, the parish council wish to be re-consulted on the measures to protect the existing lime trees and the detailed re-construction of the dry stone wall along the Overend boundary.  The PC would therefore wish for planning conditions to be imposed reserving details of these aspects of the project, together with the landscaping and any external lighting.  The reasons for the condition is to ensure the character, historic fabric and appearance of the conservation area is maintained.

 

The parish council also recommend that, should it be appropriate, this application be made subject to CIL or other qualifying planning agreement with the sole purpose of providing funding towards the construction of a crossing point to Overend, close to the car park entrance.  The reason for this request is that it is our understanding that the car park will be used as a “drop off” point for school children being transported to and from Elton.  Therefore, being on the opposite side of Overend, a safe crossing is required from the extended car park, across Overend and thence into the churchyard and to the school.  It is understood that some 120 children are transported to and from Elton every day and therefore there are at least 200 vehicle movements per day generated by the school alone.  The parking of cars on Overend during peak periods represents a traffic and pedestrian hazard and also has led to the destruction of considerable areas of grass verge.   We therefore hope this request will be seriously considered.  Cllr Donoyou proposed, all in agreement.

 

  1. Trees/Verges and Footpaths:
  • Iron Bridge – Elton Nassington – letter sent to NCC requesting dates etc. Pursue at next meeting.

 

  • Elton Lock to Warmington Lock towpath – awaiting on local hearing.

 

  • Northamptonshire Greenways – re cycle way/footpath through whole of district, Peterborough through to the Wash. RD to discuss further with ENDC and Warmington PC in New Year.

 

  • The Spinney – HDC have been sent application re removal of trees – Cllr Donoyou will advice Clerk/Contractor when deadline has expired (now confirmed as 27th December 2017). JCB will be used in this financial year.

 

  1. The Moorings, Elton:

Further letter to go to ENDC on dual headed paper (Cllr Holman read out draft wording to be used) – Parish Clerk to prepare.

 

  1. Village Shop:

Post Office has now closed; one applicant has been put in touch with PO and has a meeting with EE end of December.  PO are holding fire on withdrawing their equipment.  Parish Clerk to contact EE to request some dates in January for meeting with Sir W Proby.

 

  1. Correspondence:

HDC Waste Collection dates over the holiday period

Cambridgeshire Local Development Plan 2017-2022

2018 Election timetable

Cambridgeshire Acre – Rural Affordable Housing

Eviction of Travellers

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:

Fields in Trust – Cllrs Donoyou and Smith to look through all information received in the New Year.

 

Cllr Smith advised will need to purchase Anglian Water map – possible cost £10 before works commence on the Spinney.

 

Cllr Strowbridge reported back on meeting Cllr Smith and she attended re development at King’s Cliffe Surgery.  Parish Council agreed excellent idea and that a request should be made to Dr Takar/Dr Nally for a presentation to be made to the Parish Council – Parish Clerk to contact and give dates of our next 4 Parish Council meeting dates for them to consider.

 

Grass verge by the Black Horse in a terrible state, all cut up.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting:

Tuesday 18th January 2018

 

Meeting closed at 9.23 p.m.