MINUTES OF MEETING OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER 2017 COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.

 

PRESENT:  Cllrs Donoyou, Holman, Porter, Rankmore, Smith and Strowbridge

 

IN ATTENDANCE:  Mrs W Gray Parish Clerk, 2 members of the public

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Cummins, Gentry, and Langlands, District Cllr R Mathews, County Cllr S Bywater

 

  1. Declaration of Interest: None

 

  1. Minutes of 18th July 2017:

Cllr Donoyou proposed that minutes were approved and signed, all in favour.

 

  1. Matters Arising from above minutes – update:

 

The Moorings – the previous email received from Mr Bail re inaccurate statements posted in the minutes – agreed that as we have nothing further Cllr Donoyou will only draft an appropriate response if another email is received.

 

Agreed we would invite PCSO Emily Bryant to our next meeting to discuss policing in Elton particularly in connection with parking.

 

  1. YTD/monthly accounts v budget:

External Audit report received – copies of relevant sections to be forwarded to all Cllrs and copy placed on website (and noticeboard if there is space).

 

  1. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary/Tax August/September £600.00
Wendy Gray – Expenses June/July/August £123.04
D Knibbs – Grasscutting August £566.66
K&M Lighting Services August/September £150.50
M Holman – Stationery re Parish Council Use £113.00
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe 17th July/21st August £40.00
PKF Littlejohn – External Audit £120.00
DD E-on – August £238.24
DD E-on – September £238.24

 

Cllrs Donoyou, Porter and Strowbridge approved the above invoices for payment.

 

  1. Street Lighting:

Meeting with contractor (Alan Peacock) on 19th September had to be cancelled at short notice – but      now arranged for 11th October.  Cllrs expressed concern about delay in moving forward as resident’s              had been told the increase in precept was to fund lighting.   The meeting with contractor will look at   the  list of urgent issues raised in Skanska report, costings, timescale etc.

 

  1. Highways:
  1. A605 Junction:

Good news is that work planned for bollards and new lining work planned for 17-20th October.  No feedback received from information re bollards which had been placed on parish noticeboard.   This is a step forward but not the final solution and the Parish Council will continue to press for a permanent solution.

  1. Double Yellow lining Middle Street:

The traffic cones that have been placed in Middle Street are there as a temporary measure.  Unfortunately, many have been destroyed by lorries and other vehicles, in addition a lorry moving out into the road to avoid them went into the bank of Vinco Terrace causing rubble to hit passing car.

Noted that the problems with parking are due to parents at the school parking their vehicles when dropping off children–

Agreed Parish Clerk to write a letter to the School Head saying

  1. We are resolving to put in double yellow lines down Middle Street and will consider doing so along Overend. The PC would like to come to the school and discuss this further measure before they consider extending the yellow lines to Overend.  The PC would like to see the school bus extended to both Hampton and Orton Southgate/Northgate.  The Parish Council intend to monitor parking on the yellow lines and report any infringements direct to the police.
  2. Parish Clerk to apply to Cambs CC for the yellow lining work to be carried out as soon as possible.

Proposed Cllr Holman, seconded Cllr Rankmore, all in favour.

 

  1. Extending 30 MPH limit to beyond Greenhill Road:

Parish Clerk to find out from the County costings for this proposal Cllr Donoyou suggested it could be part of a planning gain for the Smithy once a scheme is approved.

 

  1. Vinco Terrance Embankment:

Following a report of rubble in the road the County Highways inspected and advised the PC that there was no immediate stability issue and they would continue to monitor the situation.

 

  1. Planning:

16/02651/FUL and 16/02652/LBC – create a new single storey dwelling including the conversion of an existing Grade II listed Smithy at The Smithy, Overend, Elton.  Response to Planning:

“The parish council strongly supports the intention to bring this grade II listed building back into use.  However, it has the following reservations to the proposals now put forward

  1. The plans are extremely sketchy and many features that are important such as window and door details, sills, lintels, eaves, verge etc, are unclear.  Furthermore, in the context of the adjoining listed building and conservation area, the submitted scheme does not demonstrate how the proposed development relates to adjoining buildings and the conservation area in a manner which clearly demonstrates an enhancement.
  2. The revised scheme does not address neighbour concerns.
  3. The proposed scheme would leave the car parking and paraphernalia of domestic life, such as washing lines, garden sheds, green houses, wheelie bins etc completely open to public view whilst at the same time giving little or no private space for the proposed dwelling.  Thus, the design would detract from the conservation area and the setting of the adjoining listed building.
  4. The parish council would be willing to have a brief meeting with the applicant and their architects and the planning department in order to come to a design solution that is satisfactory to all parties to prevent further deterioration of the listed building.”

Meeting to be arranged with EE re reasons behind comments made in response to above application.  It was agreed Cllrs that are conversant with planning should be at said meeting.

 

  1. Trees/Verges and Footpaths:

Iron Bridge – content of letter sent 12th September from our solicitor – “I write with reference to the formal response recently issued by Northamptonshire County Council (“NCC”), dated 8th September 2017, acknowledging liability for the maintenance of the ‘Black Bridge’ on public footpath MY1. In view of the extremely contradictory statements that have been made by NCC regarding the authority’s intentions in this matter, Elton Parish Council would be grateful for an opportunity to meet with your Client (NCC Highways) in order to discuss and clarify the situation.  The proposed meeting shall be attended on behalf of Elton Parish Council by:- Cllr Richard Donoyou; Cllr Mark Holman (subject to confirmation); and myself.

Elton Parish Council hopes the following shall be in attendance on behalf of NCC:- Cllr Heather Smith (Ward Member for Oundle & Leader of the Council);  Debbie Taylor-Bond (Strategic Manager Transport and Highways);  Sara Grindley (Infrastructure & Asset Manager); and yourself (LGSS); together with any other NCC officers as are necessary in order to be able to establish a clear understanding of the current position (e.g. Katie Angel, R. Pearson, R. Price etc.).
I hope your client (NCC Highways) can proceed to arrange the requested meeting as a matter of some urgency.”

 

Elton Lock to Warmington Lock Towpath – notices sent out, expiry date 24th August.  EE and another owner did not object – one owner and EA objected on grounds of public safety – Cllr Donoyou has written further letter.

 

Grasscutting – taken in areas around bus shelter and in front of Beuleau House.

 

Since shop vacated garden overgrown – not to EE.

 

Cllr Donoyou has not yet organised the village tree maintenance date.

 

Wansford Road – entrance from back of Hayes Walk when exiting entrance overgrown – highways to be informed.

 

Pages Passage – the former well is becoming overgrown.  Cllr Donoyou to seek legal advice on ownership transfer.  The buddlhieas will need pruning next spring.

 

  1. The Moorings, Elton:

No progress – Cllr Smith will arrange a meeting with John Davies Chairman of Fotheringhay Parish Meeting.  The PC are minded to complain to the LA Ombudsman  about the lack of action by ENDC in enforcing the breach of planning but wish to do this jointly with FPM.  If any action is agreed contact will be made with the local councillor before the complaint is made official.

 

  1. Village Shop:

We have a temporary post master opening Tuesday and Thursday each week 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. subsidised by EE.  EE currently marketing site – 1 applicant still looking no other applicant in the offing.  Cllrs RR, RD, MH looking into feasibility of Community Shop.

 

  1. Correspondence:

Visit by Stage Coaches 11th October 2017 – email see content below:

My name is Eric Moss and I represent two teams of horse-drawn coaching enthusiast. Each autumn    for the last ten years we have closed our season of activities by travelling  about 100 miles over the    course of the second week of October.  Perhaps I should explain that we drive two traditional colourful stage coaches, each drawn by a team of four horses, together with two dozen appropriately            dressed passengers. This year we are taking time visiting some of the old coach inns along the old York Road (the George, the Haycock and the Bell, plus the Talbot at Oundle) and would like to lunch at the Crown on Wednesday the 11th.

 

Regularly over lunch, to rest the horses, we take them out of harness and tie them up with some hay and water. If the stop has a large car park we use that, but frequently have, as at the Crown, to find an   alternative. The green triangles near the Crown would be perfect with old trees between which we    would tie a stout rope, but the landlord has expressed a concern that villagers may not appreciate this use of what I take it are registered village greens; I am therefore seeking you approval on their          behalf.

 

Perhaps I could reassure you that we are responsible people who tidy up after ourselves and that the horses are well behaved, indeed this year alone they have been accommodated at Buckingham            Palace, Windsor Castle, Sandringham House and Het Loo Palace in the Netherlands. We do not      generally publicise our stops on a tour; in small villages streets with today’s traffic it can lead to        concerns, however in the wide open spaces of the quiet end of Elton it would not be a problem for us       if people wanted to come and see a spectacle that is becoming increasingly rare.

 

Parish Council response – “We are really looking forward to your short stay in Elton and resting
the horses on Stocks Green.  We assume you have the necessary insurances, including third party        cover and that there will be someone supervising the horses at all times whilst they are on the             green.”

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:

Call for SITES documentation – assume EE will put in submission etc.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting:

Tuesday 17th October 2017

 

Meeting closed at 9.50 p.m.

 

 

 

 

Signed: ………………………………                                   Date: ……………………..