MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL

ON TUESDAY 20TH JANUARY 2015 AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:   Cllrs M Holman, R Rankmore, R Smith, Cllr Kirk arrived after commencement of meeting.

 

In Attendance:   Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk), Mike Holland on behalf of Sir W Proby

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Burgess, Cummins, Donoyou, Porter, District Cllr R Mathews, County Cllr M McGuire.  Cllr Strowbridge not in attendance.

 

  1. Declaration of Interest: None.

 

Matters Arising:

  1. Minutes of 16th December 2014:

Cllr Rankmore proposed minutes were accepted as a true and accurate record, seconded Cllr Smith, all in agreement.

 

  1. Matters arising from the above minutes:

Stocks Green – Cllr McGuire unable to attend meeting but email sent to Parish Clerk re update from legal team to share with Parish Council “As per my instruction, I notified Mr Proby’s legal representative that CCC would pause on enforcement of the notice. I made it quite clear that the decision was taken only on the basis that we required time to deal with the questions relating to the highway status and should not be seen as any indication that the County Council would not be enforcing the notice at a later date.

By way of update, Steve is compiling his comments to the questions raised and once this is provided, we would be providing a response back to Mr Proby’s legal representative to put an end to the dispute whether the land is highway or not. It is then anticipated that unless there has been an alternative resolution to the works contained in the notice (for example Sir William does the works himself), we would be enforcing the removal of the posts.”

 

Notes of Meeting 12th January 2015 – all in agreement for these to be signed.  A copy to be sent to all concerned.  A copy also to be sent to Elton Society.  At this meeting Sir W Proby made comment that he had raised the issue of parking on several occasions to the Parish Council, CCC – Parish Clerk to check our records, ask CCC to check their records and request to be made to EE for them to provide evidence of when issues raised.

 

Access to Mill – Notices/Maps are now in place.

 

  1. YTD/monthly accounts v budget:

Cllr Rankmore would like a note to go to all Cllrs to confirm what projects they would like to see taken on board, the cost, information to be sent to him asap.  Would like to finalise draft at February meeting, at March meeting sign off budget for the year.  Good PR – Parish Council need to let the village know what they are doing, not increasing precept year on year, we are managing, additional funding is coming out of reserves etc.

 

Email received from Churchyard Committee – agreement given for their 4 mowers to be serviced and invoice sent to Parish Council for payment.

 

Cllr Holman requested that provision be made for the hire of a “stump grinder” for use by contractors to grind down tree stump on School Lane, anticipated cost £55 or thereabouts.  Parish Clerk to include in year end figures.  Parish Clerk to add above figures into spreadsheet and forward a copy to Cllr Rankmore.

 

Willow Brook Bridge – CCC have requested that we pay Roland Fletcher (£181 plus VAT) the cost of making good emergency repairs to the bridge.  Parish Clerk will contact British Waterways and Environment Agency as the bridge is on the tow path of the Navigable River and noting that bridge was in a dangerous condition what are they going to do about it!  Following the meeting it was agreed by Cllrs Holman, Donoyou, Rankmore and Porter that Parish Council would pay the above amount on receipt of invoice.  Parish Clerk to advise CCC.

 

Risk Assessment – document agreed by Cllrs, signed by Chairman.

 

  1. Authorisation of Payments:
K & M Lighting Services – Maint January 2015 £61.15
Wendy Gray – Salary January 2015 £240.00
Wendy Gray – Tax January 2015 £60.00
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe 16th December 2014 £17.00

 

Cllrs Rankmore, Smith and Kirk signed off authorisation for above payments to be made, all in agreement. 

 

  1. Street Lighting:

Schedule of Parish Council owned street lights forwarded to Cllr Donoyou.  Cllr Donoyou will carry out a survey of the lights (assessing output) in due course and report back to Parish Council with findings.

 

Light out outside Chapel.  Light Duck Street (Jepson) on all day.  Parish Clerk to report.

 

  1. A605 Junction:

Richard Smith to contact Emma Murden prior to the next Parish Council meeting.  Parish Clerk to supply contact details.

 

As it is election year we should invite our MP to come along to a Parish Council meeting (April) to hear about the requested A605 junction improvements and for him to take our representations to the County.

 

  1. Planning:

Application for 4 Chapel Lane – no objections raised from the Parish Council.

 

1401572PACOU – Prior notification of change of use agricultural building to a dwelling at Bonsers Lodge, Elton Hall Estate, Elton – going to appeal hearing, further information supplied to planning.

 

Black Horse application – Parish Clerk to check on website to see where it is in the decision making process.

 

New application received today (to be discussed at February meeting) re new classroom at the School.  Initial indications are increased traffic and parking issues, access for emergency services, roads being blocked.  Parish Clerk to set up a meeting with the school to discuss the plans, meeting the tenants of Black Horse re feasibility of possible use of parking in their car park, would EE support.  Would it be possible for EE to lean on HDC planning department.

 

  1. Trees/Verges:

Outside Angel House – BT Contractors upgrading cables) – highways to be advised, area is a mess needs clearing up.

 

Back Lane Verge damage (near No. 8) – email and photos taken – Parish Clerk to contact builder.

 

Footpath outside Mill House overlooking Stocks Green in state of disrepair (potholes) – highways to be advised.

 

Potholes Chapel Lane (possibly caused by LC Turf Lorries) photos taken – to be forwarded to highways.

 

  1. Correspondence:

Elton Litter Pick – write to Elton Society, same people take part every year need to get more people involved in it.  Parish Council will support it (information put on website).

 

The Tour of Cambridge – event will take place on 6th and 7th June, the events will commence at Peterborough Showground and turn left down Bullock Road.  There may some road closures but businesses have already been contacted.  They will be updating the Parish Councils affected ASAP.

 

Huntingdonshire Local Plan to 2036 Seminar – Cllrs Holman, Donoyou and Smith will attend on Monday 2nd February 2015.

 

Request made to set up some liaison with EE – Cllrs present in agreement (say 3 Cllrs attend possible meetings).  Cllr Holman will write to remaining Cllrs.  Need to have notes of meetings.

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:

Bins put out and taken in at certain times, people have a responsibility to take in and not leave out for several days.  Parish Clerk to clarify with HDC timings and put note in village magazine.  “The bins/sacks must be available at the collection point by 6.30am on the day of collection.  Waste must not be placed out for collection before 6pm on the day before collection.  Bins will be returned to the collection point where possible or another safe place within a reasonable distance to the property and should be removed by the

householder as soon as reasonably possible after collection has been made.

 

Stones and posts on verges – these are illegal, it was agreed it would be appropriate to write letter to resident(s) asking for removal, as they could cause damage to vehicles.  Cllr Holman to draft letter.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting:

Tuesday 17th February 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m.

 

Apologies received in advance from Cllr Holman, Cllr Kirk will chair the meeting in his absence.

 

Meeting closed at 9.04 p.m.

 

 

Signed: ………………………………                         Date: ……………………..