DRAFT MINUTES OF MEETING OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 20TH MARCH 2018 COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.

PRESENT: Cllrs Donoyou, Holman, Langlands, Rankmore, Smith and Strowbridge.

IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs W Gray Parish Clerk, County Councillor Simon Bywater and 4 members of the public.

1. Apologies for Absence:
District Cllr R Mathews, Parish Cllrs Cummins, Gentry and Porter.

2. Declaration of Interest:
None.

3. Minutes of 20th February 2018:
Cllr Donoyou proposed above minutes were signed as a true an accurate record of events of the meeting, seconded Cllr Rankmore, all in favour.

4. Matters Arising from above minutes – update:
HDC Grass Maintenance – We are still awaiting response to our request.

5. Sibson Garden Village:
No further update. Nominated Cllrs meeting with HDC on 23rd March re Neighbourhood Plan and hopefully will have the possibility of talking to officers about Sibson. Parish Council are totally supporting HDC.
Cllr Smith read out report re proposed developments near the new Oxford/Cambridge rail link (St Neots) the thrust of development in the District will be in this area and this reinforces what HDC have previously advised us.

6. Street Lighting:
Grant approved – thanks expressed to Cllr S Bywater for putting Elton on the map, and huge thanks to Cllr Donoyou for his considerable hard word work. Our prospective contractor is meeting Cllr Donoyou and others in April – we have start date of May – between then and now we need to sort our Contract and Spec etc.

7. YTD/monthly accounts v budget:
All Cllrs read new budget – no comments received.

If we spend budget as planned reserves will be £14962. Cllr Smith proposed, seconded Cllr Langlands that budget is accepted, all in agreement.

Lighting Maintenance and supply (Eon) – both items need to be looked into in the future. Cllr Donoyou will discuss with new contractor.

8. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary/Tax March £300.00
K&M Lighting Services – March £75.25
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk Expenses £47.60
Richard Smith – AW Map £26.40
Excitant – Website Support/updating etc £360.00
DD E-on – Electricity Supply March £215.17

Cllrs Donoyou, Langlands and Strowbridge approved the above invoices for payment.

Income received since last meeting – None.

9. Highways:
Cllr Smith has written to Andy Preston (will keep contact going) i.e. work on A605.
In February potholes in Wansford Road were filled, re surfacing works to be done later in the year Cllrs expressed the opinion that it had not a good job so far and potholes will have to be re done before road re surfaced.

10. Planning:
18/00412/S73 – Amendment to application 17/00891/FUL for the replacement the approved drawings with the ones that accompany this application to reflect the as-built situation and revised positioning of the stables with the site area at Billing Brook Barn, Oundle Road, Elton – Response:
Parish Council have no observations to make.

11. Huntingdonshire Local Plan 2036: Proposed Submission:
At meeting on 23rd March will find out more information.

12. Trees/Verges and Footpaths:
• Iron Bridge – Elton Nassington – Court hearing is fixed for 3rd April – Cllr Donoyou preparing statement and proof of evidence.
• Elton Lock to Warmington Lock towpath – No progress since last meeting.
• Northamptonshire Greenways – meeting postponed.
• HDC proposal to handover Grass Maintenance – item for next agenda.

13. The Moorings, Elton:
As Cases taken to Ombudsman cannot be made by Parish Councils has been taken by The Elton Society. Cllr Donoyou propose we write to ENDC and fully support ES with their actions. Cllr Donoyou will draft letter in conjunction with Fotheringhay Parish meeting.

14. Village Plan:
Report after meeting on 23rd March.

15. Elton Garden Centre:
Nothing further to report – rumour someone is interested.

16. Village Shop:
The prospective new tenants have announced their intentions for the shop via social media. Cllr Holman has also met them at the Estate Office.

17. Correspondence:
Councils Scheme of Delegation
Review of Development Management Committee Operational Processes
Notice of Elections and timetable have gone on noticeboard

18. Reports from Councillors:
Cllr smith reported he has now received a response from our MP concerning the letter sent to Mr Javid the Communities Minister on 19th February – copy given to Cllr Donoyou for his meeting on 23rd March.
Black Horse car park
Agreed at last meeting Cllr Donoyou would meet with the Estate, their planning consultants and HDC to look at Black Horse Car Park Planning Application. The Conservation Officer attended site this week –and following this the application has been withdrawn. Cllr Donoyou commented in his opinion that any new application would stand a far better chance if it was tied to a Community Benefit such as
• parking for school parents and demonstrable school support
• the need to demonstrate that every effort will be made to ensure parents comply with new facility. The PC are going to be applying for yellow lines in various places along Overend which will severely limit parking on the road.
• A crossing facility as part of the application
• use of surplus top soil to repair damage to grass verges.
• Measures to enhance the conservation area, such as repainring / rebuilding the frontage stone wall
• Tree protection.
Cllr Rankmore requested that the police (Police & Crime Commissioner) be approached to clarify how we can enforce parking restrictions once the yellow lines are in place. We will copy in Cllr Bywater in to any correspondence to obtain police support for planning application, road safety issues. Cllr Donoyou will contact all when proposal comes together. There are many issues to be resolved to overcome the conservation objections but Sir W Proby and Cllr Donoyou left the meeting with the belief that a strong case can be put forward jointly by the PC and EE and a successful outcome should be possible.

Kingscliffe Project – currently on hold.

19. Date of Next Meeting:
Tuesday 17th April 2018

Meeting closed at 8.45 p.m.