MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 21ST DECEMBER 2010 AT 8.00 P.M.

Present: Cllr J Burgess
Cllr C Doughty
Cllr I Kirk – Vice Chairman
Cllr M Porter
Cllr R Shrive
Cllr R Todd
Cllr C Truman – Chairman

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk), Mr R Donoyou, Cllr N Guyatt, Mrs L Porter, Mrs M Radford
1. Apologies for Absence
Cllr D Adams
Cllr R Hidderley
PCSO Barry Chamberlain
Cllr M MacGuire

2. Declaration of Interest
Cllr Porter – Allotments

Cllr Truman asked (as Nick Guyatt was in attendance) if anyone had any highways issues:

Cllr Doughty raised issue of Salt Bins – could highways be requested to salt roads through the village as we have no salt bins. The Parish Clerk confirmed that she had written to highways after last winter asking for the hill areas into Middle Street and Highgate Green to be gritted. Nick Guyatt confirmed that the Parish Council had been offered the opportunity last year to buy new salt bins which are filled up free of charge with grit but the Parish Council had declined.

Matters Arising:

3. Minutes of 16th November 2010
Cllr Porter proposed minutes agreed, seconded by Cllr Burgess, all in favour.

4. Matters arising from the minutes of 16th November 2010
 Allotments – 7 names received showing interest. Cllr Truman will enquire of Elton Estates (in the first instance) to see if there is any land available that could be used as allotments.

5. Authorisation of Payments
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Wages November/December 2010 £274.31
MHB Services – Maint 1st December 2010 £46.02
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe 16th November 2010 £11.00
Leesons Lawnmowers £354.62

All above expenditure approved.

6. Finance
Nothing to report.

7. Planning
1001930FUL Retention of outdoor classroom, Elton Primary School, School Lane, Elton – No objections raised.
1001668FUL – Retention of oil tank, Oakwood House, Overend, Elton – No objections raised.

8. Website
Cllr Truman reported that Elton Society were interested in setting up website, would the Parish Council consider running a joint website. Parish Clerk will look at trying to get Parish Council website updated when passwords have been forwarded to her.

9. Parish Paths
Lynda Porter appraised the Parish Council of her follow up meeting with Sir William Proby.concerning the new gate. Lynda will keep us updated as things develop.

Lynda invited Maggie Radway to speak on behalf of the WI who advised us what they had done so far with a view to claiming the footpath between Elton and Warmington.

The Parish Council offered there support. It was also agreed that Cllr Burgess would speak with the Chairman of Warmington Parish Council with a view to him and another councillor attending the next meeting of Warmington Parish Council to ascertain if they will support Elton WI in their campaign.

10. Meeting with Elton Estates
No meetings have taken place over the last couple of months.

Cllr Doughty raised question of damaged verge outside property on Stocks Green.
Would the landowner consider making parking spaces available? Cllr Truman will raise with the Estate.

11. Reports from Councillors
Report received from PCSO Barry Chamberlain, copy given to all Councillors.

Bus Shelters – shelter near No. 4 Overend roof tiles need replacing, shelter opposite garage needs cleaning, bird droppings on seat and floor needs clearing. With regards to clearing bird droppings Cllr Truman will look at and arrange cleaning in New Year.
It was suggested that the clerk speak with Cllr Hidderley and ask him to speak with his contact with a view to getting quotations for repairs to be carried out.

Cllr Truman – Elton Society Heritage Project for 2011 covering:
a) Information Boards which will list information about the village and its history.
b) Involve university architectural dig within the village.
c) Building restoration.
All in agreement that Cllr Truman will write to Elton Society that the Parish Council are in support of scheme.

Cllr Shrive – Highgate House, when will footpath be reinstated, Cllr Kirk will try to speak with builders.

Cllr Burgess – Defra have confirmed that landowners are responsible for dykes in front of their property.

Cllr Porter – asbestos in lay-by, clerk to write again to highways and sent copy to NG and MM.

12. Date of Next Meeting
Tuesday 18th January 2011

The meeting closed at approx. 9.20 p.m.

 

 

Signed: ……………………………… Date: ………………