Skip to content

Meeting February 2011


Present: Cllr D Adams
Cllr J Burgess
Cllr C Doughty
Cllr R Hidderley
Cllr I Kirk – Vice Chairman
Cllr M Porter
Cllr R Shrive
Cllr R Todd
Cllr C Truman – Chairman

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk), Mrs M Radway, Mr R Donoyou
1. Apologies for Absence:
PCSO Barry Chamberlain

2. Declaration of Interest:
Cllr Truman – Item 7 (neighbour)

3. Matters Arising:
Minutes of 18th January 2011
Cllr Porter proposed minutes agreed, seconded by Cllr Shrive, all in favour.

4. Matters arising from the minutes of 15th January 2011:
Bus Shelter – Still awaiting quotations for repair
Cllr Guyatt – attended meeting re Great Haddon Development – has seen detailed plans which could put traffic onto Old Great North Road, cars and lorries going onto development could be diverted through Haddon via Bullock Road also look at impact on A605.

Lay-bys just before entrance to Bullock Road on right hand side, tarmac has been placed in parts, if this is official lay-by could we have some rubbish bins placed there or if not official could it be fenced off? Cllr Guyatt will look at this – as Cllr Guyatt not at meeting no report available.

Fly Tipping, Chesterton Dip – still pending investigations.

Parking outside 28 Highgate Green – it is very difficult/there is not much room to pass when resident has car(s) parked outside. Clerk to speak with PCSO to see if anything can be done (it is legal for the resident to park on highway if taxed and insured). Following meeting PCSO has checked out – resident is not parking illegally so there is nothing that can be done.

Leaves on pavement – just past Garden Centre now very slippery, can we put in a request for highways to clear – reported, unless dangerous will not remove – due to recent windy conditions have not cleared but will clear as soon as possible.

Greenhill Road, regular dog walking route – now becoming very dirty, dog faeces not being picked up, could we request further signage! Further signage requested, once received Parish Clerk will put up posters.

Trees, Wansford Road – Parish Clerk still trawling through files. Mr Donoyou (Tree Warden) advised at this point in the meeting that on his recent inspection of trees within the village there were a few that would require attention. Mr Donoyou offered his services for cutting back if required. Mr Donoyou will provide the Parish Council with a list of the trees in question. Cllr Burgess also mentioned that the contractor who cuts the grass has all the relevant equipment for cutting back/pruning trees.
5. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Wages January/February 2011 £224.99
MHB Services – Maint 1st February 2011 £47.00
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe £11.00

Cllr Hidderley proposed above payments were made, seconded Cllr Porter, all in
favour that expenditure approved.

6. Finance:
Awaiting Bank Mandate Forms. When received will forward to Councillors.

7. Planning:
1100093CAC – Demolition of 2 metal sheds located at 3 Middle Street Elton –
No Objections were raised.

1100092FUL – Conversion and renovation of 2 redundant stone barns to 2
dwellings with garden and communal parking areas – response to be sent as

In principle we support the application but we would ask that the following
restrictions are included in the application:

a) With regards to roofing materials we would request Collyweston Slate is used in keeping with rest of the village, replicas are available.
b) Consideration to be given to the type of mortar being used for pointing – ideally lime mortar.
c) Consideration to be given to ensure that there is proper storm drainage from the site.
d) Consideration to be given for pedestrians/school children using footpath to be made when contractors working on site and when work completed on vehicles exiting property.

Proposed letter sent with above restrictions Cllr Doughty, seconded Cllr Porter, all in

Cllr Truman reported that there will be a retrospective planning application coming
through regarding Gates that have partially been installed at entrance to Elton Hall.
Planning application will also be submitted for renovations to 35 Overend.

8. Correspondence
CPALC Winter Bulletin – copy give to all Councillors.


9. Meeting with Elton Estates:
No meetings have taken place since last reported.

10. Reports from Councillors:
Report received from PCSO Barry Chamberlain, details passed on to Councillors.

Cllr Burgess reported that he attended Warmington Parish Council meeting and they have in fact written a letter supporting Elton WI re the Footpath. It was also agreed that Elton Parish Council would write a letter in a similar vein.

Cllr Shrive – white posts at top of School Lane, some have been damaged and need replacing. Clerk to contact Highways.

Mr Donoyou reported that a grant has been offered to the Church for investigative work approx. cost £30,000 grant offered £25,000. Investigative work will take place as soon as architect selected, repair work should be completed by end 2012.

Cllr Truman – Steve Brown (Elton Society) held meeting in the School which was very well attended re the project that is taking place over the next few months in the village. Still looking for people to volunteer areas of their gardens. A request was made to possibly dig an area on one of the Village Greens. No objections were raised. Cllr Truman will report back to Elton Society.

The meeting closed at approx. 9.05 p.m.

11. Date of Next Meeting
Tuesday 15th March 2011