MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 18TH JANUARY 2011 AT 8.00 P.M.

Present: Cllr D Adams
Cllr J Burgess
Cllr C Doughty
Cllr R Hidderley
Cllr M Porter
Cllr R Shrive
Cllr R Todd

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk), Cllr N Guyatt, Cllr M MacGuire

Cllr Hidderley chaired meeting in the absence of Chairman and Vice Chairman. Cllr Hidderley welcomed Cllr Guyatt and Cllr MacGuire. Cllr MacGuire apologised for not attending many meetings but asked if could address the council during the course of the meeting.

Action:
1. Apologies for Absence:
Cllr I Kirk
Cllr C Truman
PCSO Barry Chamberlain

2. Declaration of Interest:
None

3. Matters Arising:
Minutes of 21st December 2010
Cllr Porter proposed minutes agreed, seconded by Cllr Shrive, all in favour.

4. Matters arising from the minutes of 21st December 2010:
Bus Shelter – Cllr Hidderley inspected, Parish Clerk to check yellow pages to obtain quotes for repair.

Parish
Clerk
At this point in the meeting Cllr MacGuire spoke to the council. Cllr MacGuire explained how the cost cutting procedures would affect their areas of control. CPALC is holding a meeting in March Town Hall on the 3rd February, getting everyone together to sit around table whereby we can get some solutions to these problems. Invitations are being sent out, please respond by return if wish to attend.

Highways – as had come under targeted budget this year some funds were left over whereby money has been spent on resurfacing A605.

Cllr Porter – whilst road repairs were ongoing destruction of some kerbs and verges has taken place due to the fact that some traffic that had been re routed did not know where to go, no access into Warmington, once got to Elton no signage of where to go. Cllrs Guyatt/MacGuire will make highways aware for the future.

Cllr MacGuire – discussions currently taking place on looking at empowering Parish Councils to do more, why shouldn’t we let it happen, good idea.

Cllr Burgess – when will this be put in place, Cllr MacGuire responded that from 2012 we should start to see changes.

Cllr Adams – would it be possible for salting of roads around Elton in serious weather conditions as experienced in last two years. Cllr MacGuire responded that highways have limited resources. If require salt bins speak with Richard Kingston to see if anything can be done, Parish Council will of course have to pay!

Cllr Porter – camera on A605, why is it still not working. To be investigated.

5. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Wages December 2010/January 2011 £200.00
MHB Services – Maint 1st January 2011 £46.02

Cllr Porter proposed above payments were made, seconded Cllr Burgess, all above
expenditure approved.

6. Finance:
Parish Clerk requested nominations for two Parish Councillors to be added to bank mandate for cheque signing. Cllr Burgess and Cllr Adams to be added once all documentation completed.

7. Planning:
No new planning applications received.

8. Trees
Parish Clerk read out correspondence from Mr Fray. Back records to be checked to
ascertain what was agreed when trees were planted say 20 years ago. Agenda item for next meeting.

Parish Clerk
9. Correspondence:
 Huntingdonshire Flood Forum – meeting to be held on 3rd March 2011 at The Civic Suite, Huntingdonshire District Council, Pathfinder House, Huntingdon PE29 3TN. Please let Parish Clerk know if wish to attend by Friday 18th February 2011.
 Mini Recycling Centres – review currently being undertaken on number of banks and the materials collected.
 The Royal British Legion “Great Poppy Party Weekend” – pass correspondence to Elton Society for information.

 

 
Parish Clerk
10. Meeting with Elton Estates:
No meetings have taken place since last reported.

11. Reports from Councillors:
Report received from PCSO Barry Chamberlain, details passed on to Councillors.

Cllr Guyatt – attended meeting re Great Haddon Development – has seen detailed plans which could put traffic onto Old Great North Road, cars and lorries going onto development could be diverted through Haddon via Bullock Road also look at impact on A605.

Cllr Burgess – Lay-bys just before entrance to Bullock Road on right hand side, tarmac has been placed in parts, if this is official lay-by could we have some rubbish bins placed there or if not official could it be fenced off? Cllr Guyatt will look at this.

Cllr Porter – Fly Tipping, Chesterton Dip – this had been reported and we were advised that as asbestos was on private land there is nothing HDC can do. This area of land comes under Chesterton Parish Council, clerk will speak with them (Robin Waterworth) to see if this can be cleared.

Cllr Porter – Parking outside 28 Highgate Green, it is very difficult/there is not much room to pass when resident has car(s) parked outside. Clerk to speak with PCSO to see if anything can be done (it is legal for the resident to park on highway if taxed and insured).

Cllr Shrive – Leaves on pavement just past Garden Centre now very slippery, can we put in a request for highways to clear?

Cllr Todd – Greenhill Road, regular dog walking route, now becoming very dirty, dog faeces not being picked up, could we request further signage!

The meeting closed at approx. 9.20 p.m.
12. Date of Next Meeting
Tuesday 15th February 2011

 

 

 

Signed: ……………………………… Date: ……………………..