MINUTES OF MEETING OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 16TH JANUARY 2018 COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.

PRESENT: Cllrs Cummins, Donoyou, Holman, Langlands and Porter.

IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs W Gray Parish Clerk and 4 members of the public.

1. Apologies for Absence: District Cllr R Mathews, County Cllr S Bywater, Parish Cllrs Gentry, Rankmore, Smith and Strowbridge.

2. Declaration of Interest: None.

3. Minutes of 19th December 2017:
Cllr Donoyou proposed above minutes were signed as a true an accurate record of events of the meeting, seconded Cllr Langlands, all in favour.

4. Matters Arising from above minutes – update: Proposed Medical/Community Hub Development at Kings Cliffe, East Northants – a presentation will be given at our February meeting.
5. Sibson Garden Village: Letters have been sent, Cllr Holman will forward a copy to all Cllrs for their attention. Cllr Langlands updated on where we are on the website.
6. Street Lighting – progress report: Cllrs Holman and Donoyou meeting with HDC to present our case on 17th January 2018 (tomorrow).

7. YTD/monthly accounts v budget: Everyone has seen Cllr Rankmore’s email re any further projects (last chance to include in Budget) – Cllrs confirmed had no further projects to put forward.

8. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary/Tax January £300.00
K&M Lighting Services – January £75.25
B Shrive – Petrol Churchyard Mowers £102.56
DD E-on – Electricity Supply January £238.24

Cllrs Donoyou, Langlands and Porter approved the above invoices for payment.

Income received since last meeting – Bank Interest £2.32.

9. Highways:
• Pot holes to be filled up to 30 mph Wansford Road – road due to be closed for one week.
• Green area opposite Wedgegate House tarmac has been roughed up – suggestion of sign “Unsuitable for HGV’s” both sides of Red Bridge – Cllr Cummins to draft letter to CCC and NCC.
• Surface Drain outside the Crown – when is it to be re done.

10. Planning:
Letter from EE – received planning permission for The Smithy.
EE – planning for Mill House to raise garage that was demolished i.e. is there a time limit – Cllr Holman will pick up with EE.
Peterborough Local Plan – response to be sent.

11. Huntingdonshire Local Plan 2036: Proposed Submission – The PC noted the formal comment in response to the second consultation, namely that the Local Plan as it stood was supported and any amendments to include Sibson Garden Village were strongly objected to. As agreed previously, the parish council need to progress the Neighbourhood Plan quickly, and if possible in parallel with the next stage of the Local Plan, so reinforcing the PC’s position at any future examination in public. Register comments on HDC portal – plan is sound. Parish Council formulated words “we fully support HDC Draft Local Plan”.

12. Trees/Verges and Footpaths:
• Iron Bridge – Elton Nassington – NCC have sent some information to the solicitor but not all that was requested has been sent.
• Elton Lock to Warmington Lock towpath – Cllr Donoyou was approached by Warmington Footpaths Officer – Warmington Parish Council would like to assist in our claim. Parish Clerk to find original Warmington resolution agreed i.e. Cllr Burgess Era and forward to Cllr Donoyou, two objections received i.e. landowner and Environment Agency (safety).
• Northamptonshire Greenways – due to attend meeting on 31st but this meeting has now been postponed for the time being –NCC putting together information parishes sent to them. Suggestion – EPC talk with WPC?
• Footpaths – Back Lane to Brawn Way in a bad state of repair – further request to be made to highways.
• Verges – when School House is finished the developer is going to put right grass verge – request to be made of HDC for white posts to be installed again.

13. The Moorings, Elton: Letter sent 2nd January from two Parish Councils – may help to speed things up. PC/ES continue to work together – email received from officer muddled and mis-informed; in addition it seemed to be an admission of liability from local authority. Suggest we contact ward councillor i.e. seeking meeting with Chief Executive and herself asap – meeting would have to involve Fotheringhay (Parish Meeting/ENDC), Elton Society would also be interested to have a representative attend. “We want a meeting with Chief Executive because District Council has admitted liability, still wrong in what they are saying”. Cllr Donoyou will liaise with Parish Clerk (copy in John Davis). Need to have formal resolution that is minuted, Cllr Donoyou proposed, seconded Cllr Langlands, all in favour.

14. Village Plan: Elton Society have been in touch and would like to be part of the process – hoping for some sort of presentation, could be part of their AGM in June! The Parish Council welcome as part of the process. To be able to publicise notification and resolved to set up group, need to talk to HDC Planning to start process off. Cllrs Langlands, Gentry and Donoyou (sub group) to contact HDC. Cllr Donoyou will contact HDC and arrange meeting and report back at next meeting.

15. Village Shop: Cllrs Holman and Donoyou meeting with EE 19th January. No further offers – have two viewings this week. We will need to have a village meeting on this subject i.e. resolution, “what do you want”.

16. Correspondence:
GDPR Update – agenda item for next meeting.

17. Reports from Councillors:
None.

18. Date of Next Meeting:
Tuesday 20th February 2018

Meeting closed at 8.47 p.m.