MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 18TH APRIL 2017 COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.
Present: Cllrs Cummins, Donoyou, Gentry, Holman, Langlands, Porter, Rankmore, Smith and Strowbridge
In attendance: Mr Atherton, Mr Duncan, Sally Malloy, Stuart MacPherson, Mrs J Hughes, William Proby, Julien Geeson, Mrs L Jepson, Mr O Nicholson, District Cllr R Mathews.
- Apologies for Absence: County Cllr M MacGuire
- Declaration of Interest: None.
- Sibson Airfield Garden Village Proposal:
- Local Plan Consultation – going forward need to consider how we are going to resist further Sibson proposals. Firstly, establish status of local plan – Cllr Donoyou happy to email all on where we are, he being advised in turn by Cllr Matthews.
- Minutes of 21st March 2017:
Cllr Donoyou proposed, seconded Cllr Cummins, all in favour that the above minutes reflected a true and accurate account of the meeting.
- Matters arising from above minutes:
Following village walk around responses/advice received from Highways to our questions:
- Request for 30 mph sign on Oundle Road to be moved back east of the junction with Greenhill Road. We would need to contact Policy and Regulation as a new Traffic Regulation Order will need to be made before the sign can be moved. Fees will apply. andRegulation@cambridgeshire.gov.uk. Noted no budget provision made.
- Request for County Council remove all debris, brambles and saplings leaving only the mature trees and saplings adjacent to the village sign on Wansford Road, at the back of Hayes Walk houses. Highways to visit site to see if the brambles/etc. are causing a Highway issue in accordance with CCC HIAMP policy.
- Well just inside Pages Passage – PC asked could this piece of land be transferred to the adjoining owner on condition that a stone wall is erected separating it from the pathway? The Parish Council or adjacent landowner will need to apply for a Stopping Up Order which removes “Highway rights” and reverts the land back to the “subsoil owner”. Fees will apply. For more information please contact Searches department Searches@cambridgeshire.gov.uk. Budget provision to be negotiated with landowner before expenditure committed.
- Request for County Council arrange for the removal of dead branches from all mature trees outside the park and adjacent to Park Lodge and Pembroke Cottages in Middle Street. From Highways last visit do not recall these trees displaying any Highway concerns, in relation to the HIAMP policy but will ask their arboriculture officer to assess the trees and whether any immediate work is required.
- Damaged white posts on Stocks Green – could these be replaced. Highways to attend site to ascertain the damage in accordance with CCC HIAMP policy.
- YTD/monthly accounts v budget:
- Authorisation of Payments:
|Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary March/April||£600.00|
|Wendy Gray – Expenses||£79.26|
|Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe 21st February/21st March||£40.00|
|K&M Lighting – Maint (March/April)||£150.50|
|CAPALC – Affiliation Fee||£247.28|
- Street Lighting:
RD & MH had a meeting held with Cllr MacGuire and Simon Bywater. It was noted that the officer comment was that our proposal was highly professional and very well presented, however our application was downgraded when considered by the elected panel. Cllr M McQ to further advise following a meeting he has scheduled with senior highways staff.
(No further update on works).
- A605 Junction:
Cllr Smith advised there was a meeting this Thursday 20th April.
- Parking in Middle Street:
The School have been given some money by Elton Bonfire Club towards cost of traffic cones which will be placed in Middle Street.
17/00736/LBC – Conversion, Extensions and Alterations to The Stone Barn to form a new dwelling
at Threshing Barn, Sheepwalk Farm, Oundle Road, Elton and 17/00437/FUL – Conversion, Extensions and Alterations to The Stone Barn to form a new dwelling at Threshing Barn, Sheepwalk Farm, Oundle Road, Elton – Response to HDC Planning as follows:
This is a listed barn, which forms part of a group with other listed buildings which occupy a prominent site on a ridge of higher ground above Billings Brook. The site has some historical significance as an early farm group resulting from the change from openfield communal agriculture to tenanted famsteads practising mixed farming regimes…hence the farm buildings group listing.
In principle, the parish council would have no objection to the conversion of the barn in order to secure repairs to the structure and the long term future of the building and its historical significance as part of a farm group.
The list description makes specific note of a number of features contributing to the architectural and historic importance of the building. These include staircases, beams including chamfered beams, windows and doors. The heritage statement makes no analysis of these historic features and the drawings (which do not include a section) do not show how the features of particular historic interest are to be incorporated into the conversion scheme.
We note the extension that somewhat compromises the historic plan form of the barn.
The parish council recommends that the principle of conversion is accepted but that the conversion scheme needs to demonstrate how the historic features of the building are to be incorporated into the proposed plans. Given all the buildings are part of a listed farm group, details of the plot, the gardens, parking , means of enclosure and so on should also demonstrate how the essential character of the group is to be retained.
31 Overend – Although not on the agenda proposed plans had been circulated to all Councillors re 31 Overend for Parish Councils observations and comments before submitting to HDC Planning. From information provided it was agreed that the Parish Council should support – Cllr Donoyou proposed, seconded Cllr Cummins, all in favour.
- Trees/Verges and Footpaths:
Iron Bridge – nothing further done at this moment in time.
Holm Oak tree planted to match other one on River Lane.
- The Moorings, Elton:
- Village Shop:
Long discussions concerning the possibility of losing the shop/ideas for preventing this happening.
The Parish Council resolved to facilitate a working group of interested people and organisations to secure the village shop’s short term future and to formulate plans for its long-term viability. Proposed Cllr Donoyou, seconded Cllr Gentry, all in favour.
Cllr Holman to contact various interested parties, set a date at Highgate Hall i.e. next week, draw up terms of reference.
Letter from resident requesting permission to replace seat on Stocks Green that was rotten. Parish Council in agreement for new seat to be installed.
- Reports from Councillors:
Cllr Rankmore reported at last meeting proposals for the Wansford Integrated Care Facility.
Fotheringhay Bridge – further comment made that whole bridge should be replaced all the way through.
Pages Passage and footpath off Back Lane into Brawn way in state of disrepair – Parish Clerk to request paths be placed on re surfacing schedule.
Parish & Town Council Conference – mainly dealt with devolution.
Article produced for next edition of Village Magazine.
A14 re development scheme – should be completed 2020.
Consultation commencing for dualling A47 Wansford/Sutton.
- Date of Next Meeting:
Tuesday 16th May 2017 – Annual Parish Meeting, AGM and Parish Council Meeting.
Meeting closed at 9.45 p.m.