MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 19TH JULY 2016 COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.

 

 

            Present: Cllrs Donoyou, Holman, Porter, Smith, Rankmore and Strowbridge

 

            In attendance: Mrs W Gray Parish Clerk, Mr Ollie Sharp, Oliver Nicholson, David        Parkes, Linda Jepson and David Adams, Cllr R Mathews

 

  1. Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Cummins, Gentry and Owen

 

  1. Declaration of Interest: None.

 

  1. Green Meadows Festival: August 12th to 14th – Ollie Sharp who is organising the event introduced himself and reported he has applied for a temporary 40 mph limit on the A605 (on strong police advice) between the Elton turn and the services roundabout near Peterborough for the duration of the event.  The event is being held on other side of the A605 to Elton.  The event is family orientated supports the Addenbrookes Teenage Cancer Trust ward.  In the main the Parish Council did not think 40mph speed limit was a good idea, problem for traffic getting out of Elton, questions raised on security re gatecrashers, which way traffic would enter and leave the site and who would control this.  Ollie advised that they have a security firm who work for them and one of their responsibilities is to see traffic in and off the site.  The literature mentions Elton Hall whereas it is in fact being held on the South side of the A605, Mr Sharpe promised to amend the publicity.

 

  1. Minutes of 21st June 2016:

Cllr Strowbridge proposed, seconded Cllr Holman that above minutes were signed as a true and accurate record of meeting, all in agreement.

 

  1. Matters Arising from above minutes – update:

 

  1. YTD/monthly accounts v budget:

Expenditure to date is what is expected.

 

Cllr Rankmore expressed his concern that we still do not have a specific plan in plan with regards to street lighting and what needs to be done.  Would not be happy in spending £7000 (allocated) public money as a one off payment with no back up in place for future expenditure.

 

  1. Authorisation of Payments:

 

K & M Lighting Services – Maint July 2016 £61.15
Wendy Gray – Salary and Tax July 2016 £300.00
Mark Holman – Additional Keys for Noticeboard £11.20
D Knibbs Gardening Services – June/July cuts £1,166.66
CPRE – Membership Renewal £36.00

 

Cllrs Holman, Donoyou and Strowbridge approved the above invoices for payment.

 

  1. Street Lighting:

Cllrs Cummins, Donoyou and Smith will try to move forward to bring information to September       meeting i.e. possible working plan in place.

 

Feltwell Parish Council (street lights for sale) – Parish Clerk to liaise with Parish Clerk from Feltwell    following  her Parish Council Meeting in July.

 

  1. A605 Junction:

Nothing further to report.  Cllr Smith will draft a further letter which will be circulated to all councillors before submitting to our MP.

 

  1. Planning:

16/01060/HHFUL – Side and rear two storey extension at 7-9 River Lane. Elton, Peterborough – the Parish Councils observations are:

 

This is a very large series of extensions…but does not have a significant impact on the conservation area.  Whist it is accepted that the existing roof tiles are concrete interlocking tiles, the original tiles would have been Welsh slate…and the traditional roofs of Elton are characterised by collyweston slate, clay pantiles, thatch and from the end of the 19th c, Welsh and Cornish slate.  In this instance, a concrete plain tile in buff (similar to the house in Brawn Way) may be more appropriate to the conservation area in that at a distance, they have the general effect of collyweston but at a fraction of the price!  Whilst this may seem picky, roofscapes are visible from a long way off and do have a big influence on the character and appearance of the village and the conservation area.

 

Pump House, Middle Street – Cllr Holman reported on situation so far to which all councillors had been emailed.

 

16/01232/S73 – Variation of condition 4 on permission 1000763FUL which states “all manure must be removed from site at intervals not exceeding one month” to “intervals not exceeding four months” on Land North of 37 Duck Street, Elton – lengthy explanation given by applicant – no objections raised to extending intervals for removing manure from site.

 

16/01372/FUL – Change of use of former dairy to a self-storage unit including external alterations at Agricultural Buildings At Sheepwalk Farm Oundle Road Elton.  Cllr Donoyou proposed, seconded Cllr Rankmore that we maintain our previous very strong objections.

 

  1. Grasscutting

Two cuts have now taken place – everyone very pleased with work that has been done.

 

Invoice received from Mr Riddington – Cllrs Holman and Donoyou will work out what payment should be made in view of the amount of work that was done/not done as per schedule.

 

  1. Trees/Verges and Footpaths:
  • Iron Bridge – Elton Nassington – Site meeting arranged with NCC and concerned parties for Friday 29th July 2016.
  • Repair of Verges Project – nothing to report at moment.

 

  1. Parish Noticeboard:

Parish Clerk will provide information at September meeting.

 

  1. Correspondence:

Electoral Review of Huntingdonshire, Draft recommendations emailed to all councillors.

North Northamptonshire Joint Core Strategy emailed to Cllrs Holman and Donoyou.

A14 Community Fund emailed to Cllrs Holman and Donoyou.

A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon Improvement Scheme emailed to all councillors.

HDC Devolution emailed to all councillors.

HDC 2nd Weed Treatment emailed to Cllrs Holman and Donoyou.

Environment Agency (letter received from Linda Jepson at meeting) Parish Clerk to email copy to all councillors.

Elton Estate re 5 Middle Street emailed to all councillors.

CCC Highways Drains issues emailed to all councillors

Email from 3 Back Lane re tree – copy emailed to Cllrs Holman and Donoyou.

 

  1. Reports from Councillors:

Cllr Strowbridge – Speedwatch Training, Cllr Gentry has agreed to be co-ordinator.

 

Cllr Rankmore – Container lorries coming through the village.  Survey of trees and issues around the village, need to deal with what we agreed to do (branches through telephone lines).

 

Cllr Mathews re Devolution – advised go on website to make comments.

 

David Parkes, School Governor – School and Parking Issues – a travel plan has been submitted and looked at, temporary building should be going up in October and travel plan is part of that.

 

Cllr Holman – Attendance at meetings has not been wonderful – perhaps consider changing day/time, any ideas welcomed.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting:

Tuesday 20th September 2016

 

 

Meeting closed at 9.40 p.m.

 

Signed: ………………………………                                   Date: ……………………..