ELTON PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of Elton Parish Council on 17th April 2007

Minutes 2007 April

PRESENT:

Councillors Bense, Burgess, Dalgleish, Elvin, Hidderley, Nicholson, Mason, Rankmore

 

IN ATTENDANCE: 

Mrs W Gray, Mr A Ackroyd, Mr C Truman

1. APOLOGIES:

Cllrs Kirk, Porter and Jones

 

2. MINUTES:

Minutes of Extraordinary Meeting agreed.  Proposed Cllr Mason, seconded Cllr Bense.

Minutes of Meeting agreed subject to small change re stones on verges.  Proposed Cllr Bense, seconded Cllr Burgess..

 

3. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENTS:

Highgate Hall
£9.00
Crown Inn
£75.00
CALC
£180.44
Oak Foundation
£191.88
Parish Clerk
£206.96
BCN Multiclean
£270.00
CPRE
£27.00
Total
£960.28

Proposed Cllr Mason, seconded Cllr Elvin.

4 & 5 HIGHWAYS and A605 COMMITTEE:

Cllr Elvin had spoken with Emma Murden further meeting to be arranged for possibly 1st or 3rd May.  Cllr Hidderley and Cllr Elvin to set up.

 

6. TREES:

Letter received from Mrs Duckworth requesting permission to plant a tree in memory of her late husband.  Parish Council unanimously agreed.  Clerk to write to Mrs Duckworth and also Tree Warden Mr Donoyou for him to liaise with Mrs Duckworth.

 

7. PLANNING:

No new planning applications received

 

8. COMPOSTING:

Skip to be collected – no replacement to be requested at this time.

 

9. STREET  LIGHTING:

Light outside Wedgegate House and outside the Chapel have been reported.  Awaiting notification of date for replacement light to be installed in Middle Street opposite Post Office.

 

10. EROSION OF GREENS AND VERGES:

Lengthy discussions took place with regards to state of verges and greens around village with regards to parking etc.  Parish Clerk to speak with Calc to ascertain what can be done legally.

 

Grass Cutting – Clerk to ascertain which areas of grass are cut by Parish Council.  Parish Council to consider putting open letter in Village Magazine.  Proposed Cllr Elvin, seconded Cllr Burgess.

 

11. INVITATIONS AND REQUESTS:

General circulars.

 

12. LAND REGISTRY:

Progressing.

 

13. REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS:

Cllr Hidderley raised issue of BMF at Elton Hall – lengthy discussion took place, with input from members of Elton Society who attended meeting – all cllrs in agreement to write to HDC to oppose licence and ascertain why we were not advised of event.  Proposed Cllr Rankmore, seconded Cllr Elvin

 

Wooden Litter Bins – Cllr Mason offered to replace inners in the three wooden bins owned by the Parish Council.

 

Cllr Bense – should have reports back by next meeting re recent noise monitoring exercise.

 

Cllr Burgess – man made lay bys near Bullock Road – write to HDC with a view to asking if these could be filled in.

 

Cllr Rankmore – could we write to Mr Harris thanking him for all the effort he put in with regards to the Clean Up Day.

 

Cllr Hidderley confirmed that he would be retiring as Chairman at our next meeting.

 

 

 

14. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 

15th May 2007 7.30 p.m. AGM

15th May 2007 8.00 p.m.

 

The meeting closed at approx 9.45 pm

 

 

 

Signed: ……………………………….Chairman

 

 

 

Date:    ……………………………….