ELTON PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of Elton Parish Council on 20th February 2007

Minutes 2007 February

PRESENT:

Councillors Bense, Burgess, Dalgleish, Elvin, Hidderley, Kirk, Nicholson, Porter and Rankmore.

 

IN ATTENDANCE: 

Mrs W Gray, Cllr Guyatt

1. APOLOGIES:

Cllrs Mason and Jones

 

2. MINUTES:

Minutes of last meeting.  Cllr Rankmore raised point that it was not minuted that the Parish Council had agreed to pay for refreshments on Spring Clean Day which is now  scheduled for Sunday 1st April.  Subject to this being included minutes can be approved.  Proposed Cllr Bense, seconded Cllr Nicholson.

 

3. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENTS:

Clerk Wages, January/February                                              £200.00

Clerk Expenses                                                   £18.83

 

Highgate Hall, December and January                                     £18.00

i.net – renewal Feb 07 to Feb 08 – Annual Hosting Fee          £58.75

 

Total   £295.58

 

Balance Base Rate Tracker Account on 19/02/07  CR  £2696.38

Balance Community Account on             19/02/07  CR    £490.05

 

Proposed Cllr Elvin, seconded Cllr Rankmore.

 

Invoice re Shanks waste totalling £64.63 not to be paid awaiting outcome of correspondence/telephone calls.

 

Cambridgeshire Association of Local Councils, invoice for 2007/08 – agreement to bring forward for payment April/May to qualify for 5% discount. of £9.50 if paid before end of June.

 

Appointment of External Auditor – Moore Stephens to be appointed again for 2007/2008.

4 & 5 HIGHWAYS and A605 COMMITTEE:

Provisional meeting with CCC arranged for 6th March at 2.30 p.m.  Proposed that ideas are put forward from Councillors who are not able to attend.

 

Cllr Nicholson – would like to hear their views and advice so that we can bring to the table and consider at next Parish Council Meeting.

 

Cllr Rankmore – Recent fatalities on road must add more priority to our proposal.

 

Cllr Hidderley – push for 40 mile hour speed limit.

 

Cllr Hidderley and Cllr Elvin will make up agenda for meeting.  Minutes to be taken at meeting.

 

6. TREES:

Further contact to be made with Mr Tyrrell re tree outside Pembroke Cottage for further update and also advise that apple tree also needs some attention.  Work was done on trees in village two years ago therefore should be able to refer back to what was done then.

 

7. PLANNING:

Planning applications received and approved by Parish Council since last meeting:

Furze View, Crown Inn, Mulberry House, 11 Middle Street, The Smithy Overend.

 

8. COMPOSTING:

Cllr Kirk to re-order skip for beginning of April.

 

9. STREET  LIGHTING:

Unanimous agreement from all Councillors present that quote received to replace street light opposite Post Office in Middle Street is acceptable and to advise for work to go ahead as a matter of urgency.

 

Cllr Porter reported that light outside Old Granary in Middle Street was not working.

 

Parish Clerk to seek new quotes for coming year i.e. separate lighting and maintenance fixed price contracts.

 

10. EROSION OF GREENS AND VERGES:

Draft letter prepared but suggestion made to place note in village magazine if too late for next issue draft note for discussion by councillors.

 

Cllr Kirk had been asked by the resident of Little Gables in Back Lane and his next door neighbour that the verges at front of their properties be added to the grass cutting list.  Clerk to advise contractor to add to list and seek price.  Cllr Kirk also enquired when contract would be coming up for renewal.

 

Cambridge County Council have allocated fee of £866.87 towards grass cutting, unfortunately there was no increase on the figure from last year.

 

11. INVITATIONS AND REQUESTS:

Cllr Guyatt said that from list important that councillors read articles re Northamptonshire Core Spatial Strategy and Northamptonshire Minerals & Waste Development Framework.  Clerk to circulate these two items for councilors.

 

12. LAND REGISTRY:

Parish Clerk to complete forms – there are a couple of people who live in the village who work at Land Registry who may be able to help with completion.

 

13. REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS:

Cllr Porter enquired if any update on Marina – Cllr Bense replied that appeal may take months to be heard and decision made.

 

Cllr Bense reported that she had spoken with Jason Tyrrell from Cambridgeshire County Council who advised that the council had adopted the road in School Lane.

 

Cllr Bense reported that someone had mentioned to her state of disrepair of the stile down River Lane.  Cllr Guyatt advised that best person to talk to would be Kate Day, Countryside Access Team (we had received letter from her covering other issues).

 

Cllr Bense also enquired if we could have monitor installed again (over Easter) re noise issues from Sibson – Cllr Bense quite happy for it to be sited in her garden.  Clerk to arrange for this to be done.

 

Cllr Burgess enquired if Parish Council could purchase some good ordinance survey maps showing footpaths and rights of way.  Cllr Guyatt said that these could probably be supplied from Cambridge County Council – Kate Day.

 

Cllr Rankmore commented that roadsides up to Wansford had been cleared by the Council prior to our clean up; Cllr Hidderley confirmed that Mr Monson had contacted the council and was responsible for getting this done.  Thank you Mr Monson.

 

Cllr Nicholson wanted to say thank you to the clerk for all the information that had been forwarded to councillors to keep them up to date with what is going on.

 

Cllr Hidderley confirmed that he had been invited (along with 8 others in the area) to attend the Queen’s Garden Party later in the year – date to be confirmed.

 

Cllr Guyatt confirmed this would be his last meeting with us as he retires on 13th March.  All the councillors thanked him for his help, joining us at our meetings and wished him well on his retirement.  Cllr Hidderley asked Cllr Guyatt if he knew when our next election for the Parish Council was and Cllr Guyatt confirmed in 3 years time.

 

14. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:

20th March 2007 at 8.00 p.m.

 

The meeting closed at 9.15 pm

 

 

 

Signed: ……………………………….Chairman

 

 

 

Date:    ……………………………….