ELTON PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of Elton Parish Council on 16th January 2007

Minutes 2007 January

PRESENT:

Councillors Bense, Burgess, Dalgleish, Elvin, Hidderley, Jones, Kirk, Nicholson, Porter and Rankmore.

 

IN ATTENDANCE:

Mrs W Gray

1. APOLOGIES:

Cllrs Mason and McGuire

 

2. MINUTES:

Minutes of last meeting agreed.

 

3. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENTS:

47/06/07 – 101130 Clerk Wages, December/January                                     £200.00

Clerk Expenses                                               £8.38

 

47/06/07 – 101131 Shanks Waste Management                                             £459.39

 

Total                           £667.77

 

Balance Base Rate Tracker Account on 16/01/07  CR  £2696.38

Balance Community Account on             16/01/07  CR    £698.43

 

Cllr Kirk queried Shanks invoice – Hold back payment, clerk to request further invoices with dates split (invoice shows two dates for December) once this received payment to be made.   Proposed Cllr Kirk, seconded Cllr Jones.

 

Item under this topic re installation of new telephone line for Parish Clerk – Cllr Jones explained situation and suggested best solution would be installation of new line.  Cllrs unanimously agreed.

MATTERS ARISING:

Cllr Rankmore enquired as to whether the Parish Council was covered with sufficient Liability Insurance.  Cllr Hidderley confirmed there was sufficient.

 

4 & 5 HIGHWAYS and A605 COMMITTEE:

Cllr Elvin reported back on his meeting with Sir William Proby who is keen to move this forward.

 

Cllrs in agreement that an extraordinary meeting be arranged as soon as possible with Mr Hughes and colleague(s) who can advise on alternatives as experts in this field together with members of the Parish Council.   Clerk to write to Mr Hughes, also refer Mr Hughes to November minutes re speeding policy, council has had no response.  Members of Parish Council who attend extraordinary meeting to report back to full meeting on 20th February.

 

 

6. TREES:

Follow up letter sent re request for Tree outside Pembroke Cottage on 8th January – no response for meeting – clerk to chase.

 

7. PLANNING:

No new planning applications.  Cllr Bense able to update on Marina – at last meeting informed Parish Council that application had been withdrawn but on 5th January received notification from East Northants CC apologising but informing that an appeal has been lodged this could take up to a year to be heard.  Discussions evolved with regard to the right of way down side of river – write to waterways/council to get clarification.  Cllr Bense to find out name of person to write to and advise clerk.

 

8. COMPOSTING:

Skip half full once this skip emptied agreed would not be replaced until Spring.  For information Cllr Nicholson confirmed there was a service which Huntingdon DC provided whereby they would take away 6 large items or less at a cost of £23 i.e. fridge etc.

 

9. STREET  LIGHTING:

Further letter received from Mr Cummins.  Clerk to find out if we are we paying for all call outs.  Letter to be sent demanding that something is done.  Obtain quotes for replacement contractor when this contract runs out.  Proposed Cllr Kirk, seconded Cllr Rankmore.

10. EROSION OF GREENS AND VERGES:

Cllr Bense reported that School Lane not shown on any maps.  Cllr Bense will now speak with Council as always been maintained by council, road tarmac etc.  All Cllrs in agreement.

 

Clerk to write to Architect to ascertain what has been put in place by builder to stem the flow of water since building works commenced.

 

Overend – parking outside Churchyard and opposite side of road – Clerk to write to all concerned to express councils concerns.

 

11. INVITATIONS AND REQUESTS:

These were placed in folder for Councillors to view.

 

12. LAND REGISTRY:

Adoption of Village Greens – Cllr Hidderley reported that there seems to be no reason why the council should not adopt the greens i.e. Stocks Green, Village Green, St Botolph’s Green.  Cllrs unanimously agreed that forms should be completed and sent off.

 

13. REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS:

Cllr Rankmore had been approached by Mr Harris of Greenhill who whilst out cycling had noticed rubbish in verges – he suggested to Cllr Rankmore that perhaps the council should hold some form of Rubbish Collection Day, whereby not only the council but the villagers get involved in cleaning up the village.  Suggestions – advertise Village Magazine for Sunday before Easter (25th March) meet back at the The Crown Inn for refreshments which perhaps Parish Council would pay for, after discussion agreement given.     Cllrs suggested that Mr Harris should be nominated to co-ordinate this and devise route.  Cllr Rankmore will speak with Mr Harris.  PC will contact HDC and arrange for these to be collected at one designated point.

 

Letter to be sent to Mr Hankins to thank him for all his help with skip.

 

Cllr Dalgleish raised point of yellow lines at back entrance to school (churchyard entrance Overend) could we ask question of HDC for these to be replaced?

 

Cllr Kirk asked if councillors could see copies of letters that had been sent out and replies received.

 

14. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:

20th February 2007 at 8.00 p.m.

 

The meeting closed at 10.00pm

 

 

 

Signed: ……………………………….Chairman

 

 

 

Date:    ……………………………….