ELTON PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of Elton Parish Council on 19th June 2007

Minutes 2007 June

PRESENT:

Councillors Bense, Burgess, Dalgleish, Elvin, Hidderley, Jones, Kirk and Nicholson

IN ATTENDANCE: 

Mrs W Gray, Cllr Hensley

1. APOLOGIES:

Cllr Porter and Rankmore

2. MINUTES

Minutes Extraordinary Meeting 8th May 2007 – Proposed minutes accepted Cllr Hidderley, seconded Cllr Kirk.

Minutes 15th May 2007 – Proposed minutes accepted Cllr Bense, seconded Cllr Nicholson.

 

3. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENTS:

W Gray Parish Clerk – Wages and Expenses                                     £365.88

Highgate Hall – Room Hire                                                                  £18.00

Shanks Waste – Skip Hire (April)                                                       £219.28

J Tindall, Internal Auditor                                                                  £100.00                                                                                                           TOTAL                      £703.16

 

Balance Tracker Account as at 18.6.07 – £8,523.62

Balance Community Account as at 18.6.07 – £768.61

Proposed for payment Cllr Hidderley, seconded Cllr Burgess.

 

4. ANNUAL RETURN FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST MARCH 2007:

All Councillors had received and inspected the accounts.  The council voted to accept the accounts for the year end 31st March 2007.  Proposed Cllr Bense, seconded Cllr Hidderley.

 

5 HIGHWAYS:

a) A605 – further meeting had taken place with Emma Murden, members of the Parish Council and Sir William Proby.  Outcome of meeting – a traffic survey will take place (over a period of 12 hours) at all exits to the village at a date to be agreed.  This would be carried out by the County Council with assistance from the Parish Council and some of Elton Estate staff.  Cllr Elvin reported that he had received 2 dates and the date chosen was Thursday 5th July.  Cllr Nicholson said that perhaps members of the Elton Society would assist.  Cllr Elvin in conjunction with other councillors will set up a rota.

 

b) Jointly funded traffic scheme – Cllr Hensley briefly talked through the scheme and offered to bring along a colleague to a meeting prior to the next Parish Council Meeting to discuss options and hopefully set us on the right direction.  Clerk to write to Cllr Hensley to arrange suitable date.  The scheme will then be discussed and put on the agenda for the July meeting as the deadline to complete all relevant paperwork is the 3rd August.

 

6. BMF DEBRIEF:

Cllr Kirk reported back on BMF and how smoothly everything went, only 1 complaint received.  Cllr Bense did confirm that they had on at least one occasion breach the conditions that were set down with regards to late night music.  Sir William advised that he was looking at holding further events at the Hall which he will put up for discussion with the Parish Council.

 

7. TREES:

The apple tree in Middle street has now been cut back.  Cllr Hidderley advised that Mr Donoyou the Tree Warden was in the process of carrying out a survey of all trees in the village.

 

8. PLANNING:

Three planning applications received and circulated to council members.  Cllr Bense briefly updated on the potential breach of planning permission regarding the siting of mobile home at Elton Road, Fotheringhay.

 

9. COMPOSTING:

No further skip ordered – will look towards end of year for next one.

 

10. STREET  LIGHTING:

No further news with regard to light in Middle Street being connected – clerk has written to enquire for date but nothing to report yet.  Quotes from alternative suppliers to be discussed at next meeting.   Cllr Nicholson made observation that lights in the bus shelters seem to be on most of the night – if change contractor need to get checked out.

11. EROSION OF GREENS AND VERGES:

Cllrs Kirk, Hidderley and Elvin had had meeting with Head Mistress and Sir William Proby with regards state of entrance to churchyard from School Lane.  Area to be hard cored and gravel put down once old fallen trees have been removed.  Cost will be covered by the School.

 

Cllr Elvin had had meeting with Mr Ringham who has cut the grass recently free of charge.  Mr Ringham will supply Cllr Elvin with revised schedule for discussion – which in fact had been sent that day – discussed with councillors and agreement reached to change schedule – Cllr Elvin will advise Mr Ringham of changes.  Areas that will not be cut are: Berryleas, Chapel Lane, Greenhill, A605 keep both sides equal, Wansford Road to finish at end of houses.

 

Man made layby’s near Bullock Road – clerk to speak with HDC again to get rubbish removed.

 

12. INVITATIONS AND REQUESTS:

Circulated to councillors.  Paperwork with regard to Huntingdon Local Development Framework passed to Cllr Bense.

Code of Conduct – this will be discussed at next meeting.

 

13. LAND REGISTRY:

Clerk has found information that shows village greens appear to have already been registered – clerk will liaise with Land Registry giving them relevant identification numbers and will report back.

 

14. ELTON PLAYSPACE

Cllr Elvin had spoken with Mr Vernum re the above – suggest Cllr Dalgleish make contact and report back to next meeting.

 

15. VACANCY FOR COUNCILLOR

Cllr Elvin has spoken with Cllr Mason following his resignation, Cllr Mason will pass on relevant information regarding who to write to etc with regard to the aeroplanes at Sibson.

 

Cllrs agreed to advertise vacancy – clerk to publish on notice board with deadline for week before next meeting – all applications to be in writing.

 

16. REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS:

Nothing to report.

 

17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 

17th July at 8.00 p.m.

 

The meeting closed at approx 9.56 pm

 

 

 

Signed: ……………………………….Chairman

 

 

 

Date:    ……………………………….