ELTON PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of Elton Parish Council on 20th November 2007

Minutes 2007 Nov

PRESENT:

Councillors Bense, Burgess, Dalgleish, Elvin, Hidderley, Porter, Rankmore and Shrive

 

IN ATTENDANCE: 

Wendy Gray Parish Clerk, Mr R Donoyou Tree Warden, Member of the Public

 

1. APOLOGIES:

Cllrs Nicholson and Kirk

2. MINUTES

Minutes of meeting 16th October 2007.  Cllr Hidderley proposed minutes accepted, seconded Cllr Rankmore.

 

3. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENTS:

 

Wendy Gray – Parish Clerk – Salary and Expenses – Oct/Nov 2007

£208.16

BCN Multiclean – Grasscutting October

£140.00

Highgate Hall – Hire of Hall – 18th September/16th October

  £18.00

 

4. HIGHWAYS:

Cllr Elvin – had hoped Emma Murden would be able to attend meeting but unfortunately away at the moment – will ask her to attend December meeting.  Cllr Elvin had spoken with Mrs Drake re walking bus and advised council of up to date situation.

 

5. TREES:

Mr Donoyou reported on current situation.  Cllr Bense will provide a list to Mr Donoyou of trees that belong to Parish Council.

 

6. PLANNING:

12 Duck Street – all unanimous – Parish Clerk to confirm to HDC.

 

7. COMPOSTING:

Skip being used – nothing adverse to report on usage.

 

8. STREET  LIGHTING:

Light at top of school lane now working.

9. & 11 EROSION OF GREENS AND VERGES/LAND REGISTRY:

Cllr Elvin still in discussion with CALC.

 

Parish Clerk to write further letter to individuals concerned.

 

Funding Opportunities – discussions on what we could ask for – decided on (a) Playspace (b) Village Greens – fencing off.

 

Vinco Terrace – does not belong to Elton Estates – write to CC to ask for area to be cleared and possibly be planted with shrubs.

 

 

10. INVITATIONS AND REQUESTS:

Items circulated.

 

11. LAND REGISTRY:

See above.

 

12. ELTON PLAYSPACE:

Meeting with individuals concerned to take place w/c 26th November.

 

13. VACANCY FOR COUNCILLOR

Three applications received.  Vote taken – Mr Chris Truman appointed.

 

14. REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS

Cllr Bense – Bridge Nassington Road – left hand side railing – report to County Council – Cllr Hidderley to check out and report to Clerk exactly what problem is who can then contact County Council.

 

Cllr Bense updated on situation re culvert Duck Street.

 

Cllr Rankmore – Litter Day – propose that we ask Mr Harris to set up again for next year along similar lines of this year.  Cllr Elvin advised that we could possibly involve school children and Cllr Dalgleish also advised Brownies may also like to be included.

 

15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 

18th December 2007  at 8.00 p.m.

 

The meeting closed at approx 9.50 pm

 

 

 

Signed: ……………………………….Chairman

 

 

 

Date:    ……………………………….