ELTON PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of Elton Parish Council on 16th October 2007

Minutes 2007 Oct

PRESENT:

Councillors Bense, Burgess, Elvin, Hidderley, Kirk, Porter, Nicholson, Rankmore and Shrive

 

IN ATTENDANCE: 

Wendy Gray Parish Clerk

 

1. APOLOGIES:

Cllrs Dalgleish, Cllr Hensley

2. MINUTES

Minutes of meeting 18th September.  Cllr Porter proposed minutes accepted, unamimously agreed.

 

Welcome to Cllr R Shrive who after a break has rejoined the Parish Council.

 

3. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENTS:

 

Wendy Gray – Parish Clerk – Salary – Sept/October 2007

£200.00

 

4. BUDGET 2008/2009

Cllr Rankmore talked through proposed Budget for 2008/2009 – based on precept received this year does not allow for any contingencies.  Suggest look at 10% increase therefore precept we should request for 2008/2009 is £9950.  Cllr Bense enquired of £75 for Crown – as this was a one off should this figure still be included in budget.  Cllr Elvin asked if in agreement to ask for said precept, proposed Cllr Rankmore, seconded Cllr Burgess – 1 abstained.

 

5. HIGHWAYS:

Cllr Elvin – letter from Emma Murden, nothing will be decided until December.  Cllr Elvin will request Emma Murden to attend next meeting if possible to give further update.  Cllr Kirk enquired as to what was happening with walking bus as this had influenced the decision on the siting of proposed road calming measures.  Cllr Elvin will speak with Clare Drake.

 

6. TREES:

Back Lane, in receipt of further letter – write to Richard Kingston HDC to establish who is responsible.

 

Gables – a further letter to be written again to HDC to establish ownership.

 

Request for a definitive map to be produced.

 

7. PLANNING:

Chesterton Lodge Farm – reply to be sent to HDC with comments.

 

8. COMPOSTING:

Skip to be ordered for first week November.  Careful monitoring of usage to be undertaken, note to be placed in Village Magazine.

 

9. STREET  LIGHTING:

New maintenance contract agreed.

10. EROSION OF GREENS AND VERGES:

School Lane – verges have been reseeded – issue with damage that has since been caused – Cllr Elvin to speak with Clare Drake.  Cllr Bense suggested involve children in looking after area.  With regards to village greens Cllr Elvin will consult CALC on what we as a Parish Council can do.  PC to acknowledge Mr Vartan’s letter.

 

11. INVITATIONS AND REQUESTS:

Nothing to report.

 

12. LAND REGISTRY:

Still ongoing.

 

13. ELTON PLAYSPACE:

In absence of Cllr Dalgleish – nothing to report

 

14. REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS

Cllr Elvin – received letter from Cllr Jones who has resigned with immediate effect.  Vacancy to be advertised.  Letters to be sent to unsuccessful applicants asking if they wish to reapply.

 

Cllr Burgess – article for Village Magazine – Cllr Elvin altered slightly – Cllr Burgess asked to add paragraph re skip.

 

Cllr Nicholson – any news on what is happening with caravan, Cllr Hidderley asked if any one knew who previous owner was – Cllr Bense will make enquiries.

 

Cllr Kirk – A605 Committee – what has happened?

 

Cllr Elvin asked for proposer and seconder to agree to Parish Clerk obtaining learning material to help finalise council’s aim to achieve Quality Council Status.  Proposed Cllr Kirk, seconded Cllr Hidderley.

 

15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 

20th November 2007  at 8.00 p.m.

 

The meeting closed at approx 9.25 pm

 

 

 

Signed: ……………………………….Chairman

 

 

 

Date:    ……………………………….