ELTON PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of Elton Parish Council on 18th September 2007

Minutes 2007 Sept

PRESENT:

Councillors Burgess, Dalgleish, Elvin, Hidderley, Kirk, Porter and Rankmore

 

IN ATTENDANCE: 

Wendy Gray Parish Clerk

 

1. APOLOGIES:

Cllrs Bense, Jones and Nicholson

2. MINUTES

Minutes of meeting 17th July.  Cllr Dalgleish proposed, seconded Cllr Burgess.

Vote of thanks to Cllr Nicholson for taking minutes at this meeting in clerk’s absence.

 

3. AUTHORISATION OF PAYMENTS:

 

Moore Stephens – Annual Audit – Paid 17th August £158.83
Wendy Gray – Parish Clerk – Salary and Expenses July/Aug, Aug/Sept £521.65
Hire of Hall – 19th June, 17th July   £18.00
BCN Multiclean – August 2007 – Grass cutting £140.00
Heightons Garage – Petrol for Church Lawnmower   £72.51
CALC – Code of Conduct Advert   £24.00

 

Authorisation of payments agreed.

 

Budget for next year – Cllr Rankmore will look at putting budget together for next year.

 

Cllr Burgess – ring fence an amount to take into account lighting.  Agenda item for next meeting.

4. HIGHWAYS:

Nothing to report – request re minor improvement scheme.

 

5. TREES:

1 Rectory Farm Court – letter to ask experts to look at again.

Gables – trees no owned by Parish Council.

 

6. PLANNING:

Two applications received since last meeting.

 

7. COMPOSTING:

Possibility of further skip to be discussed at next meeting.

 

8. STREET  LIGHTING:

2 quotations received.  Cllr Kirk proposed change to MHB Services, Cllr Rankmore seconded.

9. EROSION OF GREENS AND VERGES:

Parking on green – letters to be sent to those involved.  Cllr Burgess to write article for Village Magazine.

 

10. INVITATIONS AND REQUESTS:

Nothing to report.

 

11. LAND REGISTRY:

Still ongoing – update at next meeting.

 

12. ELTON PLAYSPACE:

Meeting with those concerned to be set up.  Cllr Dalgleish to report at next meeting.

 

13. VACANCY FOR COUNCILLOR:

Vote taken – Mr R Shrive nominated.  Write to other applicants.

 

14. CODE OF CONDUCT:

Advert placed.

 

15. QUALITY COUNCIL STATUS:

Clerk to update at next meeting.

 

16. REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS:

MP – signs (placing of notices around village).  Footpaths request expert comes along to meeting to advise.

 

JB – Information from council for Village Magazine, Cllr Burgess to report to Village Magazine with information.

 

RR – Property corner of Middle Street/Stocks Green  – wall in need of repair before causing injury – local authority needs to be advised.  PC to write to Huntingdon.

 

IK – walking bus – nothing appears to be happening – traffic calming decision based on this.

 

RE – Bus route – updated on conversation with bus company and their reasons why changed.

 

17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 

16th October 2007  at 8.00 p.m.

 

The meeting closed at approx 9.30 pm

 

 

 

Signed: ……………………………….Chairman

 

 

 

Date:    ……………………………….