MINUTES OF MEETING OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 20TH FEBRUARY 2018 COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.

PRESENT: Cllrs Cummins, Donoyou, Holman, Gentry, Porter, Rankmore, Smith and Strowbridge.

IN ATTENDANCE: Mrs W Gray Parish Clerk and 4 members of the public.

1. Apologies for Absence:
District Cllr R Mathews, County Cllr S Bywater, Parish Cllr F Langland.
9 members of the public were also present.

2. Declaration of Interest:
None.

3. Minutes of 16th January 2018:
Cllr Cummins proposed above minutes were signed as a true an accurate record of events of the meeting, seconded Cllr Porter, all in favour.

4. Matters Arising from above minutes – update:
None.

5. Sibson Garden Village:
Referring to the various reports submitted by Larkfleet accompanying their representations to the Draft Local Plan’ Cllr Gentry provided an update on the current situation. To move this to the next stage Cllr Rankmore suggested group should be set up chaired by Cllr Donoyou and to include Cllrs Cummins, Gentry, Langlands and Smith and invite others i.e. EE who may like to be involved in the process. Cllr Cummins proposed, seconded Cllr Rankmore, all in favour.

6. Street Lighting – progress report:
We are still awaiting outcome of grant application following presentation given to the County Council’s forum by Cllrs Donoyou and Holman. Cllr Donoyou will put contractor on notice for a small amount of works already agreed to be done if we are not successful in obtaining grant approval If however the Grant is approved the contractor will be given the go ahead to draw up a substantial programme of works.

7. YTD/monthly accounts v budget:
Cllr Rankmore talked through final adjustments of the budget and reserves.

8. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Salary/Tax February £300.00
K&M Lighting Services – February £75.25
Leesons Lawnmowers – servicing of equipment £340.20
Highgate Hall – hire of annexe December/January £40.00
DD E-on – Electricity Supply February £238.24

Cllrs Donoyou, Porter and Strowbridge approved the above invoices for payment.

Income received since last meeting – None.

9. Highways:
The County Council’s recent works to provide Bollards were considered to have greatly improved safety at the junction for motorists turning right into the village. Agreed that Cllr Smith should write to Andy Preston expressing the PCs thanks
Speed Sign Overend – not working CCC highways to be advised.

10. Planning:
No new planning applications received.
Pump House Oliver Nicholson representing the Elton Society pointed out that planning permission has been given to rebuild the demolished garage but no work has yet commenced –Cllrs Donoyou and Holman will raise this at their forthcoming meeting with Elton Estates

11. Huntingdonshire Local Plan 2036: Proposed Submission:
Elton confirmed as a small settlement and not a key service centre!!! Currently, it does not have a shop and does not meet sustainability criteria (shop currently being marketed).

Local Plan policy allows growth within small settlements PROVIDED there is demonstrable local support. To this end, it would be helpful /necessary to go through the process of a Neighbourhood Planning (Village Plan) which would facilitate any allocations of land for development.

12. Trees/Verges and Footpaths:
• Iron Bridge – Elton Nassington – NCC refuse to repair, bridge notice served recently to close it for another 12 months. Cllr Donoyou finding Structural Engineer to put cost on repair etc. Offer to assist with landfill grant is still an option. Magistrate can direct them to repair by a certain date.
• Elton Lock to Warmington Lock towpath – Cllr Donoyou noted that the footpath order /inquiry is on hold until new budgets for 2018 /2019 agreed. Warmington PC very keen to support and have written to NCC. It would be helpful if Chairs and Vice Chairs get heads together on this issue and Neighbourhood Plan.
• Northamptonshire Greenways – very strong support within ENDC, meeting in a month or so when routes are set out. To include Elton in network will be very positive thing.
• HDC proposal to handover Grass Maintenance – clerk will contact HDC and ask them to give details of the contract sum they would pass to the PC if the maintenance was sub-contracted by the district council.
• Spinney – some trees to be cut down RD will do.
• Tree Maintenance around the village to do – Cllr Donoyou as our Tree warden said he would be looking for some assistance from the pc and Village.
• Tree down by Elton Lock (hybrid popular) – EE problem – Cllrs will mention to EE at their meeting.

13. The Moorings, Elton:
No response received – agreed we are taking to the Ombudsman – need to set up further meeting with other interested parties. RD will draft letter (RS, ON to see cop before it is sent). RS and MH will write to Ombudsman. Concern expressed that this was agreed a month ago, why taking so long to move forward!

14. Village Plan:
Cllrs Donoyou, Gentry and Langlands had first meeting, set out objectives, Cllr Donoyou will make appointment with HDC in the first instance so that what we want to do is quite clear and then involve groups in the village.

15. Elton Garden Centre:
Noted with great sadness Garden Centre shut and remains closed. Cllrs will be speaking with EE about its future at next meeting – will report back to Parish Council at next meeting.
16. Village Shop:
There is an interested party who has gone back for a second viewing.

17. Correspondence:
Town and Parish Council Elections – all Cllrs given forms to complete and timescale involved.
Annual Village Litter Pick – Sunday 18th March, meeting outside the Crown Inn for a start of 11 a.m. All essential equipment pickers etc will be provided. Following the litter pick a free BBQ has been arranged outside the Crown Inn for volunteers at approx 1 p.m. The Crown has once again generously donated the burgers and sausages.
Broadband – Cllrs Holman and Smith attending meeting on 21st March – if anyone else interested in attending to let County Cllr Bywater know.

18. Reports from Councillors:
Cllr smith reported he had not yet received a response from our MP concerning the letter sent to Mr Javid the Communities Minister
Parish Council endorse plastic free village but feel it is not a matter they can be involved in.
Cllr Porter suggested the PC should approach the Crown for financial assistance in repairing verges damaged by their customers however this proposal was not agreed.
Noted that cars are still parking on the pavement outside the Black Horse. Further letter to be sent asking them to request customers not to park on the verge. Planning application for the extension to the car park has been effectively turned down in its current state on the advice of the HDC Conservation Officer.

19. Date of Next Meeting:
Tuesday 20th March 2018 – Cllr Holman expressed his thanks – delighted to see so many people from the village in attendance, hope to see at future meetings.

Meeting closed at 9.18 p.m.