Minutes April 2009


Present: Cllr C Bense
Cllr R Elvin (Chairman)
Cllr K Dalgleish
Cllr R Hidderley
Cllr M Nicholson
Cllr M Porter
Cllr R Rankmore
Cllr R Shrive
Cllr C Truman

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk)
Lady Proby, Mr A Modie and Lesley

1. Apologies for Absence
Cllr W Hensley
Cllr M McGuire
Cllr I Kirk
Cllr J Burgess
PCSO Barry Chamberlain

2. Declaration of Interest

3. Minutes of 17th March 2009
Proposed minutes agreed Cllr Bense, seconded Cllr Nicholson, all in favour.
4. Authorisation of Payments

MHB Services – Lighting Maint April 2009 £45.05
Wendy Gray – Parish Clerk – Wages & Exp March/April 09 £239.46
BCN Multiclean – Grasscutting 24th March £220.00
Luminus Oak Foundation – re Mrs Todd Lifeline Telephone £196.04
Crown Inn – Litter Pick £150.00
CPRE Subscription £29.00
CPALC – Affiliation Fee £211.11
TOTAL: £1,090.66

All above invoices agreed for payment – proposed Cllr Rankmore, seconded Cllr Nicholson, all in favour.

5. Highways
Overend traffic calming – partly completed, Cllr Elvin chased Highways for a completion date, will advise when date received. Cllr Elvin also advised that Cambridgeshire CC had been filling in pot holes around village.

6. Re organisation of Parish Boundaries
Cllr Elvin circulated letter received from David Park and letter from Mrs Jablonska to our MP, Shailesh Vara, but still no response to correspondence from Ms Blears.

7. Trees
Nothing to report.

8. School Lane – Car Parking area
In abeyance at the moment.

9. Grass Cutting
Quote from BCN Multiclean accepted for this current year with a maximum of 6 cuts to be carried out every 5 weeks. Parish Clerk to liaise with contractor for any additional cuts that may be requested. Proposed Cllr Porter, seconded Cllr Shrive, all in favour.

10. Planning
Application No. 0900440FUL Sheepwalk Farm – change of use and alterations to farm buildings to form two residential/workspace units – response to be made that all councillors support application with the provision that the workspace unit is to be used by vendor only and cannot be sub let. Proposed Cllr Rankmore, seconded Cllr Truman, all in favour.

Public Footpath – Local Enquiry – 18th August 2009 – Cllr Bense will put together response on Parish Council’s behalf for discussion at next meeting.

11. Composting
Cllr Shrive reported Fly tipping of old Christmas Trees which have been left in skip area, Parish Clerk will arrange for these to be removed.

Compost Giveaways – a further supply of bags of compost will be distributed to Elton on 12th May – collection point will again be outside the Post Office. Parish Clerk will display notices.

12. Street Lighting
Vandalism of Street Lights – agreed repairs to be carried out by MHB Services – Street Light opposite garage and light outside Kitchen shop.
Light in School Lane to be re concreted by ourselves. Cllr Shrive to order cement. Proposed Cllr Hidderley, seconded Cllr Truman, all in favour.

What do we do about individuals who caused damage – community service or repayment? Community service would be difficult to control therefore it was proposed that a letter be sent to the parents asking for reimbursement of the total cost of repairs, proposed Cllr Shrive, seconded Cllr Bense, all in favour.

13. Erosion of Greens and Verges
Cllr Elvin reported company no longer trading and will therefore arrange for further quotes for next meeting. We have received cheque from HDC re the grant that was applied for.

Cllr Shrive reported that area on Highgate Green where similar system was used, grass is growing back, can now hardly see grating.

14. Invitations and Requests

15. Sibson – Aircraft Noise
Cllr Elvin introduced Mr A Modie from Sibson who had come along to talk about Sibson and how we could help each other with regard to complaints over Aircraft Noise.

Mr Modie went through the procedures on how Sibson works, how many aircraft and types of aircraft he owns and timetable of flying 8.30 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. and defined flight path – 7 days a week (during the winter months only 1 day).

Mr Modie would still like to receive telephone calls if there are occasions when aircraft appear to be straying from the flight path. Mr Modie would also check the flight path which comes around by Red Bridge as there were some concerns.

Cllr Elvin thanked Mr Modie on behalf of the Parish Council for attending the meeting.

16. Annual Litter Pick
Very successful day – thank you note to be sent to Mr Harris for organising.

17. Footpath by Highgate Hall
Still awaiting for work to be done.

18. Reports from Councillors
Cllr Rankmore –
Saw two builders speaking with resident of Mill House near damaged wall – looks as though some repair work may be imminent?
Public involvement in meetings – the public are not invited to run meeting and control agenda urge that this does not happen again. Cllr Elvin responded – point taken.

Cllr Dalgleish –
Beer Festival to be held Friday 1st to Monday 4th May.

Cllr Elvin –
Calor – received letter this morning but were unsuccessful in Regional Competition.
Still have a chance of winning one of four prizes.
Election of Chairman – Cllr Elvin confirmed he will not be standing at next meeting and he will also be resigning from Elton Parish Council as will be leaving village at end of June.

19. Date of Next Meeting
Tuesday 19th May – AGM and Parish Council Meeting

The meeting closed at approx. 10.00 p.m.


Signed: ……………………………… Date: ……………………..