MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 19TH JANUARY 2010 AT 8.00 P.M.

Present: Cllr C Bense
Cllr J Burgess
Cllr K Dalgleish
Cllr I Kirk – Vice Chairman
Cllr M McNeil
Cllr M Nicholson
Cllr M Porter

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk)

Meeting commenced at 8.05 p.m. Cllr Kirk took the chair in the absence of Cllr Truman.

1. Apologies for Absence
Cllr R Hidderley
Cllr R Rankmore
Cllr R Shrive
Cllr C Truman
PCSO Barry Chamberlain

2. Declaration of Interest
Cllr Bense (Village Greens)

3. Minutes of 15th December 2009
Proposed minutes agreed Cllr Porter, seconded Cllr Bense, all in favour.

4. Matters Arising from the Minutes of 15th December 2009
Precept had been confirmed for 2010/2011 from Huntingdon District Council.

5. Finance/Authorisation of Payments
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe 17.11.2009 £11.00
MHB Services Limited – Lighting Maint. 1.1.10 £46.02
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Wages & Exp. Dec 09/Jan 10 £200.00

All above invoices agreed for payment – proposed Cllr McNeil, seconded Cllr Burgess, all in favour.

Re ordering of skip – Cllr Bense proposed that we take hire of skip off the agenda and do not order another one, seconded Cllr McNeil, all in favour.

6. Highways
Cllr Bense – re e-mail received on Parish Plans (road schemes etc) may be feasible for Elton to do – Clerk to look into.

7. Trees
Cllr Burgess reported that Mr Plowright from Oundle will be happy to trim up any trees for us free of charge (he will clear away branches and take with him).

Clerk to speak with Richard Kingston for an update on trees on Back Lane.

8. Planning
No new planning applications received.

9. Greens & Verges
Still pending re quotation.

Cllr Bense reported that someone who lives on Stocks Green had commented that if white posts had not been there traffic would have churned up corner of Stock Green.

10. Correspondence
Queens Birthday Party – nominations required – Cllr Burgess and Cllr Bense nominated Cllr Kirk for all the work he does in and around village.

11. Reports from Councillors
PCSO sent in his monthly report – paragraph re domestic fuel to be put on notice board for information.

Cllr Burgess – had reported to him of vehicle working in the area (referred to as travellers) please be vigilant, if notice anything please report to police.

Cllr Porter – white transit van pulled up outside his drive one day after scrap, next day another vehicle turned up riding around area just looking.

The above may all be connected – please as mentioned above – be extra vigilant.

Cllr Porter – obtained contact and telephone number of department (young offenders) who carry out work free of charge as part of their community service. Clerk to contact and gather information.

Cllr Burgess – had we received a response from highways re state of road past Morborne TV Mast – Clerk to chase.
Cllr Dalgleish – since bad weather potholes have appeared at top of Hayes Walk – Clerk to report to highways.

Cllr Bense – meeting on 20th January (tomorrow) at Sawtry Village Hall it would be helpful if someone could attend as she is unable to. Interesting topic of Parish Plan being discussed. Cllr Bense enquired if Clerk could look at Parish Plan for Elton and report back at next meeting. Clerk said she would try to get to meeting on the 20th January.

Cllr Kirk – all street lights currently working.

Dropped kerbs – nothing reported back from Highways – Clerk to follow up.

Cllr Porter – e-mail from John Cooper re merging with Haddon – Clerk to speak with him and provide him with correspondence we have received.

12. Date of Next Meeting
Tuesday 16th February 2010

The meeting closed at approx. 8.45 p.m.

 

Signed: ……………………………… Date: ……………………..