Minutes July 2009


Present: Cllr C Bense
Cllr J Burgess
Cllr I Kirk – Vice Chairman
Cllr M Porter
Cllr R Shrive

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk)
Mr M McNeil
Chris Leuchars & Lisa Emmerson from Kings Cliffe Waste Watchers

1. Apologies for Absence
Cllr K Dalgleish
Cllr R Hidderley
Cllr M Nicholson
Cllr R Rankmore
Cllr C Truman
PCSO Barry Chamberlain

2. Declaration of Interest

3. Minutes of 16th June 2009
Proposed minutes agreed Cllr Bense, seconded Cllr Porter, all in favour.

4. Matters Arising from the Minutes of 16th June 2009

5. Finance/Authorisation of Payments
MHB Services – Lighting Maint – June 2009 £45.05
BCN Multiclean – Grasscutting w/c 1st June 2009 £225.00
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Wages & Exp May/June 2009 £200.00
Highgate Hall – Room Hire £22.00
TOTAL: £492.05

All above invoices agreed for payment – proposed Cllr Shrive, seconded Cllr Bense, all in favour.

Comparison against what was spent this time last year to be produced for next meeting (September).

6. Highways
Cllr Bense reported on what has happened following last meeting re our request about Pot Holes near Sibson and layby’s along Oundle Road.

Nothing new to report. Parish clerk will speak with Highways re outstanding issues
on Overend.
7. Low Level Radioactive Waste
Chris Leuchars and Lias Emmerson from King’s Cliffe Waste Watchers cam along to
update the parish on the latest developments. New plans have or are to be submitted
to extend site and concerns expressed from surrounding areas of type of waste being
disposed of. Parish clerk to obtain plans for Parish Council to discuss.

8. Trees
Highways confirmed that the 5 Cherry Trees that had been planted on back lane opposite entrance to Rectory Farm Court are to be removed. Cllr Kirk will speak with the residents of Rectory Farm Court to explain the situation re the removal and resiting of trees and report back to Parish Council and Highways.

9. Planning
Planning application for Crown Inn discussed – further clarification to be sought,
Parish Council not able to support at this time.

10. Street Lighting
Cllr Kirk will check all street lights and report any outages. Letter to be sent to the individual who has not responded (now putting in hands of solicitor).

11. Greens & Verges
Quotes requested – will report back at next meeting. Cllr Bense reported that broken post on edge of Stocks Green had been replaced. Highways to be contacted re additional posts in School Lane.

12. Correspondence
Article re Swine Flu asking for volunteers (copy to be put on notice board).

13. Matters for Consideration
Vacancy for Councillor – two nominations were received. New Councillor
co-opted onto the Parish Council – Mr Matt McNeil.

14. Reports from Councillors
 Cllr Burgess – grant re litter pick
 Cllr Bense reminded Councillors of Public Enquiry on 18th August and procedures

15. Date of Next Meeting
Tuesday 15th September 2009

The meeting closed at approx. 9.30 p.m.


Signed: ……………………………… Date: ……………………..