MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL
ON TUESDAY 16TH JULY 2013 AT 8.00 P.M.

Present: Cllrs J Burgess, B Doughty, I Kirk, R Todd and Cllr Donoyou

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk), Cllr M MacGuire

1. Apologies for Absence:
Cllr Porter
Cllr Shrive
Cllr Guyatt

2. Declaration of Interest:
None

At this point in meeting Cllr MacGuire entered discussions with councillors on how we could reduce speeding through the village: Cllr MacGuire had received our communications on how we could educe speeding traffic through the village particularly along Duck Street, Back Lane and Middle Street.

CCC need to publish notifications of any possible changes to speed signs in areas – the Parish Council need to be prepared to take on objections. If reducing speed signs does not have an impact on safety then he felt there may not be a problem. If a complaint is received the police have to visit which would impact on their resources.

A question was asked that if an order was published for Back Lane, Middle Street and Duck Street and an objection was raised for say Duck Street would this prevent possible reduction in speed signs for Back Lane and Middle Street.

Cllr MacGuire advised that we would need to take into account other minor roads in the village.

Cllr MacGuire suggested that the Parish Council initially hold a meeting with members of highways and survey roads in question and obtain see if viable. The Parish Council would be responsible for funding and suggest that at meeting a quotation is requested. When the Parish Council has all the information to hand they would then need to consult with all residents before going down route of changing speed limit.

Cllr Donoyou proposed parish council members meet with Cllr MacGuire and highways officers with a view to consulting every resident in the village. All councillors in agreement. Cllr MacGuire will liaise with Cllr Burgess with a possible date. Cllr MacGuire suggested that we contact Farcet Parish Council who have just had work done under Section 106.

Matters Arising:
3. Freedom of Information:
Two letters received – letter to all councillors dated 11th July and letter to Mr Burgess dated 12th July. Advice to be sought re attaching copies of resident’s letters and PC’s responses with minutes on noticeboard. Draft letter responding to recent correspondence to be sent to all councillors before sending to Mr Adams.

4. Minutes of 18th June 2013:
Cllr Doughty proposed minutes accepted as a true and accurate record, seconded Cllr Kirk, all councillors in favour of minutes to be signed.

5. Matters arising from the above minutes:
Website: Pending.
Village Sign: the Parish Council were asked by the WI towards the end of last year whether the Parish Council would be prepared to have the Village Sign repaired. A quote was received and approved but work was not able to commence until June/July this year. The sign is currently with Glyn Mould who is carrying out the repairs and he will be in contact when the work has been completed.
Fishing: a large amount of vehicles are parking on the green. Parish Clerk has been trying to contact Peterborough Angling Club representative (name and mobile telephone number provided by Elton Estates) but to no avail – answerphone responds saying unable to leave message. Parish Clerk will request further contact details if available from Elton Estates.

6. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray – Salary July 2013 £240.00
Wendy Gray – Expenses £34.40
K & M Lighting Services – July 2013 £61.15
A Flatters – Grasscutting July 2013 £340.00
Highgate Hall – Room Hire 14th May/18th June £34.00
Suffolk Acre Insurance – Insurance Renewal (5 years) £371.41

Cllr Burgess proposed payments approved, all in favour.

7. Planning: No new applications received.

8. Trees:
It was reported to Parish Council that tree outside Olde Granary has become overgrown but some branches have already been cut back. The Tree Warden will look into.

9. Special Projects:
20 mph speed limit to be added to traffic calming within project list.

10. Correspondence:
PCSO Report received.

Email received from resident re land opposite entrance to school lane which has become overgrown. Resident has made enquiries about who owns the land and understands this belongs to Parish Council – if this is the case would the Parish Council look at selling. Response from Parish Council that the Parish Council are not in a position to sell the land. The Parish Council will ask the Tree Warden to look at the trees that have
become overgrown.

HDC Community Chest Scheme – the Parish Council have been unsuccessful this year.

11. Reports from Councillors:
Grass and overgrown shrubbery near pumping station – it was agreed that this area is discussed with
Cllr M MacGuire at meeting to discuss speeding signs in the village.

Cllr Burgess reported that he will advise Councillors when date of meeting has been agreed.

The meeting closed at 9.45 p.m.

12. Date of Next Meetings:
There will be no meeting in August. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 17th September 2013.
Signed: ……………………………… Date: ……………………..