MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 16th JUNE 2009 AT 8.00 P.M.

Present: Cllr C Bense
Cllr J Burgess
Cllr R Elvin
Cllr K Dalgleish
Cllr R Hidderley
Cllr I Kirk
Cllr M Nicholson
Cllr M Porter
Cllr R Rankmore
Cllr R Shrive
Cllr C Truman (Chairman)

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk)
Cllr M McGuire

1. Apologies for Absence
PCSO Barry Chamberlain

2. Declaration of Interest
Nil

3. Minutes of 19th May 2009
Proposed minutes agreed Cllr Elvin, seconded Cllr Porter, all in favour.

4. Authorisation of Payments
MHB Services – Lighting Maint – June 2009 £45.05
BCN Multiclean – Grasscutting w/c 1st June 2009 £220.00
Mr B Shrive – Petrol for mower £56.50
Zurich Insurance – 2009/2010 £1,477.55
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk – Wages & Exp May/June 2009 £278.01
Cambridgeshire County Council – Overend Improvement £557.00
TOTAL: £2634.11

All above invoices agreed for payment – proposed Cllr Rankmore, seconded Cllr Burgess, all in favour.

Cllr Rankmore asked for comparison against what was spent this time last year to be produced for next meeting. Quarterly update on finances every three months from July meeting onwards (July, October, January,April).

Cllr Truman suggested that we look into what schemes are available to obtain grants etc.

5. Highways
Medium size traffic scheme – Cllr Elvin asked Cllr McGuire what the procedure was for next year (15th place this year) do we have to resubmit. Cllr McGuire said if 15th should stay on list.

Cllr Burgess asked what was happening with man made lay bys on Oundle Road near Bullock Road turn off. Cllr McGuire will speak with Richard Kingston.

Cllr McGuire requested that a copy of any correspondence sent to Highways is forwarded to him.

Cars parked on Public Footpath – Cllr McGuire suggested advise PCSO Barry Chamberlain to look at what is happening who can then report back to Highways.
Cllr Kirk will speak with PCSO.

Cllr Kirk – suggested that he and Cllr M McGuire meet to look at areas where kerbs need dropping (adjacent to kerbs opposite side that have already been dropped).

6. Trees
Mrs Page from The Olde Granary, Middle Street asked if highways could trim base of tree as overgrown (blocking footpath) and also look at height of tree, also tree opposite side of road base is very overgrown. Richard Donoyou will raise this with Richard Kingston at their meeting on Wednesday.

Cllr Kirk raised the subject of 5 Cherry Trees that had been planted on back lane opposite entrance to Rectory Farm Court – these trees have been planted directly under power cables. Cllr Kirk will also raise this with Richard Kingston.

7. Planning
0900591LBC – Sheepwalk Farm – reply sent to HDC, no objection.
0900705FUL – Silverwood, School Lane, no objection.

8. Street Lighting
Vandalism of lights – letters sent out to individuals concerned – one formal reply and payment received – one payment to be made at end of this week – further letters to be sent after 28 day deadline to those who have not replied formally to letter.

9. Erosion of Greens & Verges
More quotes required – Parish Clerk with assistance of Cllr Kirk will look at obtaining further quotes.

Cllr Kirk – Wear and tear of mower, cogs have gone, can be used without grass box. Suggest Cllr Kirk gets quote for repair (limit £150) if cannot get quote under this amount Cllr Kirk to discuss with Cllr Rankmore and Cllr Truman and Parish Clerk if needs to be finalised before next meeting.

Cllr Burgess – Top of Greenhill Road is being used as a public toilet, concerned for residents Mr and Mrs Grascek. Cllr Rankmore and Parish Clerk will advise residents of Greenhill Road that if they see anything or anyone to let Parish Clerk know. The clerk will also advise PCSO Barry Chamberlain.

Cllr Truman – David Housden had asked if greens and verges could be cut before Garden Trail. This had been agreed previously with Carl Ringham.

10. Invitations and Requests
Model Code of Conduct – No changes
CPRE – Fieldwork Magazine

11. Reports from Councillors
Playing Field – Cllr Elvin wrote to chairman but received no response.
Cllr Kirk – what has happened to funding.
Cllr Truman – working party set up – nothing happened.
Cllr Bense – why not put funding into something in the village?

Cllr Shrive – Bins left out – article to be put in Village Magazine. Parish Clerk to supply councillors with relevant telephone number of HDC Bin Section.

Cllr Bense – Footpath MY10 Parish of Fotheringhay, Local Enquiry. Cllr Bense had spoken with all the relevant parties and drafted response on behalf of Parish Council.
All Councillors approved of draft letter and Cllr Bense will provide copy to Cllr Truman for him to sign and return before deadline of 18th June.

Cllr Truman to sign – proposed Cllr Rankmore, seconded Cllr Kirk, all in favour.

Cllr Rankmore – job well done on wall, thanks to chairman of council for donating stone.

Cllr Truman – thanked Cllr Elvin for all he had done for the Parish Council and help and advice given to him. Notice for vacancy for Councillor to be placed on Noticeboard with deadline date of 16th July 2009. Note “if would like further information on role to call in and speak with Parish Clerk at the Post Office”

12. Date of Next Meeting
Tuesday 21st July 2009

The meeting closed at approx. 9.50 p.m.

 

Signed: ……………………………… Date: ………