MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 21ST JUNE 2011 AT 8.15 P.M.

Present: Cllr J Burgess
Cllr R Donoyou
Cllr B Doughty
Cllr R Hidderley
Cllr I Kirk
Cllr R Shrive
Cllr R Todd
Cllr C Truman

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk), Mrs Sue Garner

1. Apologies for Absence:
Cllr M Porter
PCSO Barry Chamberlain

2. Declaration of Interest:
None

3. Minutes of 17th May 2011:
Cllr Kirk proposed minutes accepted as a true and accurate record, seconded Cllr Todd, all in favour.

4. Matters arising from the above minutes:

5. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Salary £160.00
MHB Services – Maint 1st June 2011 £47.00
Paul Taylor – Internal Audit £100.00
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe 19th April £11.00
Tax payment for Parish Clerk £120.00
John Plowright – Grasscutting £250.00
I Kirk – Petrol/Mower £8.50
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe 17th May £12.00

Proposed payments approved Cllr Kirk, seconded Cllr Burgess, all in favour.

The Annual Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2011 were approved and signed and will now be forwarded to External Auditor, Moore Stephens. Proposed Cllr Shrive, seconded Cllr Kirk, all in favour.

Quotation received for repairs to Bus Shelter. Cllr Donoyou to obtain a further 2 quotations to compare.

Risk Assessment to be signed off at next meeting.

6. Planning:
1100744LBC – Renovation amendments to existing consent 0900591LBC to improve structural stability to retained roof, Sheepwalk Farm, Oundle Road, Elton – no objections raised.

1100412FUL – Creation of vehicular access at 21 Middle Street, Elton – no objections raised.

Received 20th June – 1100958FUL – Extension to link dwelling to barn, convert barn to habitable accommodation and erection of detached garage at 8 Vinco Terrace, Elton – circulate to all councillors and their response.

Register of Buildings at Risk received from CCC – circulated – Cllr Donoyou will go through an prepare a list of other potential buildings that be at risk.
.
7. Footpaths:
It was agreed that Cllrs Burgess, Donoyou and Kirk would be the representatives for the Parish Council on the subject of Footpaths and who Linda Porter our Parish Paths Representative will be able to liaise with on issues.

It was also agreed that we should write to NCC again with regards to our letter in support of the WI regarding the Warmington Footpath. Cllr Donoyou will draft letter.

Cllr Truman had circulated words round and sent copy to Elton Society but has not had a response back. Has not yet sent a copy to the WI. Copied Elton Estates to review with all tenants and happy to sing up to.

8. Cooper’s Hospital
Sue joined meeting to confirm that Jane Cummins will possibly be resigning in October this year and as her position is co-opted membership Sue will be applying for this position as it will be more permanent. This will leave a vacancy for the Parish Council to appoint someone. Currently 2 are co-opted, 2 Parish Council appointed and one from the Church. Keep as agenda item for next few months.

9. Special Projects:
Reinstate the Annual Flower Show – consisting of fruit and vegetables, school children involved with paintings, games on the green, dance and refreshments in the evening, live group.

10. Correspondence:
Training – councillors to decide which courses to attend by next meeting
Bonfires – response to resident
Speed Limit Policy – circulate to all councillors
Report from PCSO

11. Meeting with Elton Estates:
No meetings have taken place over the last month. Parking on the village greens to be discussed at next meeting with Elton Estates.

12. Reports from Councillors:
White Bollards – School Lane and Stocks Green need replacing.

Cllr Todd reported that a sign had been erected advertising moorings available along footpath near Red Bridge. It was suggested that we advise the Environment Agency to see if they are aware of signs and send a copy of our letter to Nassington and Fotheringhay Parish Councils. Pontoons now being built.

Cllr Donoyou had bumped into a member of Warmington Parish Council who said that they thought that a meeting with both Parish Councils each year would be a good idea to see if the Parish Councils had any issues that they could help each other with. Parish Clerk to liaise with Warmngton Parish Clerk to suggest annual meeting if other members of the council are in agreement.

Cllr Doughty – as bottle bank is due to be withdrawn could we write to HDC to ask if notification could be sent to all households that blue bins can be used i.e. perhaps place a sticker in each lid. HDC to be contacted when bottle bank due to be
removed.

Cllr Kirk – footpath along highgate green – response received, HDC to be advised that growth more serious than originally reported.

Cllr Kirk – advised that someone in the village is carrying out speed checks but no other councillor had heard anything. Watch this space.

Cllr Truman requested again that all councillors to advise clerk of any issues that arise during the course of each month between meetings direct (ie light not working) rather than wait until Parish Council Meeting.

Cllt Truman advised that he had been given by a previous Parish Clerk a copy of “History of Elton” which was presented to the Parish Council – book was printed in 1895.
13. Date of Next Meetings:
Tuesday 19th July 2011 No meeting during August

The meeting closed at 10.10 p.m.
Signed: ……………………………… Date: ……………………..