MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL
ON TUESDAY 18TH JUNE 2013 AT 8.00 P.M.

Present: Cllrs J Burgess, B Doughty, I Kirk, R Shrive, R Todd. Cllr Donoyou arrived a few minutes into the
meeting.

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk), Jo Philpott and Charlie Jenkins from HACT and 3
members of the public.

1. Apologies for Absence:
Cllrs Porter and Truman

2. Declaration of Interest:
None

Presentation by HACT – “New Community Transport Operator in area – FREE transport”
Cllr Burgess welcomed our visitors from HACT. HACT is a registered charity in the Huntingdonshire area which offers a door-to-door service for people who cannot access local bus routes due to age and disability, people living in rural locations with limited or no access to local bus routes or those without access to a car.

To become a member there is a small annual membership fee of £15.00 per person and is payable on registration.

To book contact HACT office on 01480 411114 before 1.00 p.m. the day before you wish to travel.

A leaflet drop had been done in the whole village. A leaflet will be put on display in the Parish Council noticeboard.

Cllr Burgess thanked members of HACT for attending meeting and advising how charity works.

At this point in the meeting Cllr Burgess asked resident if he had any questions to ask of the Parish Council.

The resident expressed concern about the grass verge outside his property which had not been cut for some time, the grass is now very long and made the request of the Parish Council to add this to the grass cutting plan. The Parish Clerk advised that this area in question was not on the grass cutting plan and had never been on the plan. The Parish Council agreed that the Parish Clerk would contact highways to see who the verge belongs to and until confirmation is sought on who is responsible Cllrs Doughty and Shrive will make one cut of the area in question. If it transpires that it is the responsibility of the Parish Council the contractor will be asked to amend quote and include this area in the grasscutting plan. Cllr Doughty asked that whilst we were making these enquiries could we ask about the area in front of 1 Stocks Green and again add to list and quotation. The Parish councillors were all in agreement with the above.

The resident also advised the Parish Council that he understands the County Councils will now be making an additional charge for additional green bins, may have an impact on the number of bonfires in the village and residents to be considerate to their neighbours when lighting fires. Perhaps an article could be put in village magazine.

Matters Arising:
3. Minutes of 14th May 2013:
Cllr Burgess proposed minutes accepted as a true and accurate record, seconded Cllr Shrive, all councillors in favour of minutes to be signed.

4. Matters arising from the above minutes:
Website – Cllr Donoyou will look at other websites and report at next meeting.
Appointment of new Councillor – as next year is election year it was agreed that we would wait until then to fill vacancy.
CAPALC/Solicitor – information received from CAPALC i.e. draft letters, CAPALC Affiliation fee will not be renewed. Quotation still awaited from Solicitor. Cllr Donoyou enquired if we had received any further correspondence from resident. The Clerk informed the council of the latest email together with response that was sent. It was therefore agreed that unless we hear further from resident we would do nothing.

5. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray – Salary June 2013 £240.00
Wendy Gray – Expenses £58.69
K & M Lighting Services – June 2013 £61.15
A Flatters – Grasscutting June 2013 £340.00

Cllr Burgess proposed payments approved, all in favour.

6. Insurance Renewal:
Three quotations received, one from current insurer and two quotations from Suffolk Acre i.e. All Risks and Low Impact quotations. The quotations were discussed at length. Cllr Doughty proposed that we accept Low Impact Insurance provided by Suffolk Acre. A vote was taken 4 in favour 1 against. Quote for low impact agreed.

7. Planning:
1300874TREE Felling and replacement of one Horse Chestnut tree Merienda, Greenhill Road, Elton, PE8 6SA Opposed

8. Trees:
HDC have commenced work on the trees on the green – having looked at the trees again they have initially lopped and trimmed the trees.

9. Special Projects:
Village Sign – is now in for repairs to be made. Cllr Donoyou suggested that when Village Sign is replaced that perhaps we should hold an event i.e. WI and Parish Councillors have photo taken by the sign. Parish Clerk will check progress on repairs.

10. Correspondence:
PCSO Report received.

11. Reports from Councillors:
Cllr Burgess:
a) Any meetings held with any body are held as a council and not as individuals with at least two councillors at meeting who report back to whole council for a council decision.
b) Progress with highways 20 mph signs on Duck Street, Back Lane and Middle Street.
c) We are all Elton people – propose that we try and so something towards the good of the village.
d) Consider using the Village Greens for possible play areas – at this point Cllrs Shrive and Donoyou reported that FOES and Elton Society were working together to progress using the School Playing Field.
e) Any projects we have let us do our best to ensure that some things get done.
Parish Clerk to attach list of Special Projects to copy of next agenda for a reminder to councillors.

Cllr Todd – reported no fishing down the river – syndicate approached Elton Estates purchasing fishing rights to fishing from roaring ** down to red bridge. Parish Clerk to write to Elton Estates “can they confirm what is happening, can village children continue to fish”.

Dog Fouling on verges – look at HDC website to see what if anything we can do. Proposed Cllr Todd, seconded Cllr Burgess, all in favour.

Cllr Doughty – Caravan parked on Highgate Green causing access problems. Parish Clerk to report to PCSO.

Cllr Doughty – Mobiles Mast, Cllr Donoyou reported that looking at possibly using church steeple!

Parish Clerk – request that we sent flowers to Mrs Mason re Mr and Mrs Masons assistance and donation of new waste bin on Overend. All Councillors in agreement.

Parish Clerk – Cllr Kirk will recommence cutting greens.

The meeting closed at 9.30 p.m.