MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 17TH March 2009 AT 8.00 P.M.

Present: Cllr C Bense
Cllr R Elvin (Chairman)
Cllr J Burgess
Cllr K Dalgleish
Cllr I Kirk (Vice Chairman)
Cllr M Nicholson
Cllr M Porter
Cllr R Rankmore
Cllr R Shrive

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk)
Mrs L Porter

1. Apologies for Absence
Cllr W Hensley
Cllr M McGuire
Cllr R Hidderley
Cllr Truman
PCSO Barry Chamberlain

2. Declaration of Interest
Cllr Bense – Erosion of Greens and Verges

3. Minutes of 17th February 2009
Cllr Bense asked that the minutes be amended to show that Cllr Rankmore left the meeting during the discussion regarding the litter pick, subject to this change – proposed minutes agreed Cllr Rankmore, seconded Cllr Kirk, all in favour.

Cllr Burgess requested that when an individual requests a member of the Parish Council to raise an issue at meetings that their name should be annotated on minutes and responses from Parish Council minuted.

4. Authorisation of Payments

MHB Services – Lighting Maint March 2009 £45.05
Society of Local Council Clerks (£10.75 to be claimed from WPC) £21.50
Wendy Gray – Parish Clerk – Wages & Exp Feb/March 09 £251.15
Highgate Hall – 6th December, 20 January, 17th February £43.00
TOTAL: £360.70

All above invoices agreed for payment – proposed Cllr Nicholson, seconded Cllr Rankmore, all in favour.

5. Highways
Overend traffic calming – Cllr Elvin reported work will be completed in stages.

6. Re organisation of Parish Boundaries
Cllr Elvin reported that various e-mails had been sent concerning above (copies circulated to councillors). The matter has also been taken up by our MP but no responses received to date.

7. Trees
Nothing to report.

8. School Lane – Car Parking area
£100 has been received towards additional gravel to be put down – Cllr Hidderley obtained quotes to complete the job, £205 would cost in total. Cllr Burgess understood when job was originally completed was it not handed over for the School to look after. Cllr Elvin confirmed that the school would contribute towards the maintenance of the area. Cllr Shrive – could we not ask Elton Estates to supply gravel. Cllr Rankmore confirmed unexpected expenditure would eat into the Parish Council’s reserves. Cllr Elvin will approach Elton Estates to see if they will supply gravel.

9. Grass Cutting
Contract has ended – further quotes to be obtained. Cllr Burgess again raised question of odd job man for the village – budget for this year has already been agreed therefore this will be looked at later in the year when looking at 2010/2011 budgets.
PC to write to HDC to see what should be getting in respect of services in village.

10. Planning
No new planning applications received.

Parish Clerk had received notification of Local Enquiry which will take place on the 18th August at 10.00 a.m. in Highgate Hall re Public Footpath (Parish of Fotheringhay). Copies to be circulated to all councillors.

11. Composting
Nothing to report.

12. Street Lighting
Quotes received to repair damage caused by vandalism. Parish Clerk to clarify figures i.e. cost of reconnection. Cllr Rankmore suggested letter is sent to PCSO Barry Chamberlain for all the work he has put in in finding the individuals responsible. It has been recommended that individuals concerned will carry out some community work in the village – this to be decided at further meeting. PC to write to CALC to ask their advice.

13. Erosion of Greens and Verges
Cllr Elvin confirmed that the contractor who was to carry out the work is no longer in business. Cllr Elvin will obtain further quotes for this work to be carried out. In the meantime we will request payment of the Grant before end of this financial year.

Large vehicles coming through village, concern over weight limit on Red Bridge for large vehicles – Cllr Elvin will speak to Cllr McGuire to see if he can do anything. Cllr Bense suggested perhaps police could have a word with the farmers re due care and attention in a built up area.

Cllr Bense enquired if a response had been received from HDC re dustbin lorries driving over verges on Stocks Green. PC to chase for response.

14. Invitations and Requests
Open Space – Spring 2009 brochure
Fieldwork CPRE March 2009 brochure
River Walk 2009 – MacMillan – Sunday 3rd May

15. Sibson – Aircraft Noise
Cllr Nicholson said that aircraft had been low flying and Mr Nicholson had reported this to owner. Cllr Elvin will invite Mr Modie to address us at our next meeting.

16. Annual Litter Pick
Everything seems to be in place. Cllr Nicholson said she would like to see more involvement from the younger generation in the village – although advertised in the village magazine feels word of mouth might encourage more people to help. Cllr Elvin had asked Mr Harris to supply a circular that could be distributed around village.

17. Footpath by Highgate Hall
Cllr Elvin and Cllr Kirk had had look at problem and identified footpath under all debri . Cllr Bense asked if we knew who does land belong to, if it belongs to council then they should be responsible for clearing.

18. Reports from Councillors
Cllr Bense was asked to look at East Northants Consultation paper – reported nothing in it that affects the village.

Cllr Rankmore – wall around Mill house is continuing to move, looks dangerous, request that we write to council again and ask for site to be revisited. Suggestion also made to contact Conservation Officer.

18. Date of Next Meeting
Tuesday 21st April 2009

The meeting closed at approx. 9.35 p.m.

 

Signed: ……………………………… Date: ……………………..