MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 15TH MAY 2012 AT 8.15 P.M.

Present: Cllr J Burgess
Cllr R Donoyou
Cllr R Hidderley
Cllr I Kirk
Cllr M Porter
Cllr R Todd
Cllr C Truman

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk), Mrs L Porter, Cllrs Guyatt and MacGuire

1. Apologies for Absence:
Cllr B Doughty (was in attendance at APM and start of AGM up to item 4)
PCSO Barry Chamberlain
Cllr R Shrive

2. Declaration of Interest:
None

3. Election of Officers:
Election of Chairman: Cllr Truman stood down and handed meeting over to the Parish
Clerk.

The Parish Clerk asked for nominations for position of Chairman.
Cllr Porter proposed that they stay as they are from previous year, seconded by Cllr Hidderley all in favour. Cllr Truman was happy to take on the role but reiterated that it would only by for a couple of months (as previously mentioned at a prior meeting).

Election of Vice Chairman: Cllr Porter proposed Cllr Kirk, seconded by Cllr Doughty. All Cllrs in agreement.

Matters arising before start of meeting:
Cllr Doughty had to leave the meeting at this point due to work commitments. One concern raised re May Day Festivities – cars parked blocking the road, residents unable to get to their houses. Need to look at this for any future events.

Cllr Guyatt – in response to our question at the last meeting re working together with planning on conservation plan – answer is Yes – speak with Paul Bland, Head of Conservation Team, Cllr Guyatt is happy for us to contact him direct.

We should also shortly be receiving e-mails re Localism Bill. Look at completing a joint plan with HDC.

Cllr MacGuire – Superfast Broadband – trying to achieve 90% user capacity in rural areas, money being allocated from Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. We need to demonstrate there is a need – fill in request on website. A copy to be sent to Cllr Truman for publication in the next edition of village magazine if possible of what residents need to do.
Cllr Burgess asked “what can we do to bring the village alive, help small businesses which seem to be going backwards instead of forwards. It was ageed that we start with the conservation process before we go any further. Agenda items for next meeting – “Getting income into the Village”, “Conservation and Localism Bill”.

4. Minutes of 17th April 2012:
Cllr Kirk proposed minutes accepted as a true and accurate record, seconded Cllr Todd, all in favour.

5. Matters arising from the above minutes:
Village Sign: Cllr Donoyou will look at getting sign repaired.

Car Parking issue on Back Lane – Cllr Kirk will speak with PCSO and ask him to monitor.

The Pound Area – removal of wood etc – Cllr Kirk will speak with resident.

6. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Salary £160.00
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Tax £40.00
MHB Services – Maint 1st May 2012 £53.08
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe – Invoices £46.00

Proposed payments approved Cllr Burgess, seconded Cllr Todd, all in favour.

7. Planning:
No new applications received.

8. Trees:
. Avenue of Trees – Cllr Donoyou reported back to Elton Estates – not prepared to do anything at the moment. Who owns the land on corner of Wansford Road (where skip used to be) – possibility of doing something with it – add to special project list.

Cllr Donoyou reported that area of trees along Wansford Road, a lot of work needs doing here, some of the trees are dead, some are suffering from blight.

9. Special Projects:
Church yard clean up – Cllr Donoyou raised our suggestion to the relevant bodies and will be obtaining quotes to get area cleared for us to keep mowed. Cllr Burgess will ask our grasscutting contractor to also provide a quote.

10. Correspondence:
Augean – circular
HDC – Trees for Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, document passed to Cllr Donoyou who is also our tree warden for him to follow up.

11. Meeting with Elton Estates:
No meetings have taken place for a little while.

12. Reports from Councillors:
Cllr Porter – is there any further progression on obtaining allotments in the village. No land available at the moment, will be kept on project list. Cllrs Burgess/Truman are to look at some land that may be suitable and will report back at next meeting

Lynda Porter gave her report on Parish Paths and where we are and what needs to be done. We are still waiting for signs/maps to be put up by the farmer who rents the land down by the mill area – Lynda has spoken with him on several occasions (over a period of months) but still no signs have been put up. Lynda has in fact sent a copy of all of her e-mails to Alex (Parish Paths HDC). Lynda suggested that if we get no further response that perhaps the PC should contact him to ensure that the signs/maps are put up.

Roland Fletcher who has been completing the work on the gates has made an excellent job. He has reported that the gate near the school appears to be sitting in water and investigations need to be carried out as to why and ascertain where the water is coming from.

John Cooper has been contacted by a parishioner who complained about electric fence that has been fixed across a kissing gate. John Cooper will be contacting the relevant parties and speak to them.

It was reiterated that we need to get copies of up to date ordnance survey maps – Cllr Donoyou will speak with his contacts in HDC to obtain copies.

The meeting closed at 9.25 p.m.

13. Date of Next Meetings:
Tuesday 19th June 2012 Tuesday 17th July 2012
Signed: ……………………………… Date: ……………………..