MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 15TH NOVEMBER 2011 AT 8.00 P.M.

Present: Cllr J Burgess
Cllr R Donoyou
Cllr R Hidderley
Cllr I Kirk
Cllr M Porter
Cllr R Todd
Cllr C Truman

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk), Cllr M McGuire, Cllr N Guyatt

1. Apologies for Absence:
Cllr B Doughty
Cllr R Shrive
PCSO Barry Chamberlain

2. Declaration of Interest:
No declarations of interest declared.

3. Minutes of 18th October 2011:
Cllr Hidderley proposed minutes accepted as a true and accurate record, seconded Cllr Kirk, all in favour.

4. Matters arising from the above minutes:
No further matters arising.

5. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Salary £160.00
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Expenses £77.85
MHB Services – Maint 1st November 2011 £47.00
Moore Stephens – External Auditor – Audit for the year 2010/2011 £216.00
Wansford Parish Council – Reimbursement re training course £133.62

Proposed payments approved Cllr Hidderley, seconded Cllr Kirk, all in favour.

6. Precept 2012/2013:
The proposed budget was discussed in detail and amended and agreed by all councillors.

MHB services had submitted new 3 year agreement for the maintenance of the street lights which was discussed and agreed with a 5% increase on the last 3 years.

It was agreed that we ask for a precept figure of £12,000 for the next financial year. Proposed Cllr Donoyou, seconded Cllr Kirk, all in favour. Parish Clerk to send off appropriate claim form.

7. Cooper’s Hospital:
It was confirmed that Jane Cummins had resigned from Cooper’s Hospital and that Sue Garner had taken over her role. We therefore only have one representative on the committee from the Parish Council and we need two. Cllr Kirk proposed that Cllr Burgess be the second representative for the Parish Council. Proposed Cllr Kirk, seconded Cllr Hidderley, all in favour. Parish Clerk to write to Mr Fairweather confirming this.

8. Special Projects:
No additional items added. Cllr Donoyou reported on Village Appraisal documentation that he had sent round for Cllrs to read. Cllr Donoyou asked after Cllrs had had the opportunity to look through the draft documents, if it was the general feeling of the Parish Council was that this is something we should do. He would be prepared to draft letter to appropriate authority. All councillors in favour of Cllr Donoyou drafting letter. This item to be put under Planning (which should be a permanent item on the agenda).

9. Salt Bins:
Several quotes have been submitted and it was agreed that we would approach highways department of HDC and request two salt bins at a cost of £95 each. The clerk to write and confirm our order and advise that we would like the bins placed – one on Middle Street on verge opposite BT Kiosk and one on the grass verge opposite Highgate Green. The clerk to also ascertain what we need to do to obtain machine that can be used to spread the grit evenly.

10. Trees:
Elm Tree, Highgate Hall – Letter received from Chairman of the Village Hall Committee asking if the Parish Council would be prepared to offer some financial support towards all or part of the £1500 cost of removal of the Elm tree which had to be cut down. He has also written to several organisations requesting same.

It was agreed that at this moment in time we do not know if we will have any spare funding but we would need to review the Highgate Hall accounts before any donations can be given. Cllr Truman will speak with the Chairman of Highgate Hall and report back to the Parish Council at the next meeting.

Cllr Donoyou asked the Clerk if she would re send letter to him re planting of new tree from resident on Overend.

11. Correspondence:
This topic was discussed earlier in meeting whilst Cllrs McGuire and Guyatt were present. Cllr Truman reported that our PCSO had spoken with him to request a member of the Parish Council to attend a meeting with residents who live along the Gated Road with a view to looking at ways (possibly by locking gate) of preventing the continual fly tipping being carried out. Cllr Burgess attended on behalf of the Parish Council and Cllr McGuire was also in attended with Richard Kingston from CCC Highways. Cllr Truman asked “is there support for a sign to be placed to discourage fly tipping” – no support was given by councillors. Cllr Truman asked “no for fly tipping” – several councillors in support of this.

Cllr Truman asked District/County Council if they loan/come out or have a graffiti removal kit. Cllr Guyatt will find out and report back. Cllr McGuire will ask CCC. What do other Parishes do!!

Cllr Kirk reported that pot hole along Wansford Road had been refilled but again filling is coming out. Cllrs McGuire/Guyatt suggested write again to highways and copy them in on our request.

Later in meeting:
Report from PCSO for the last month – attempted burglary at the Garden Centre.

Summary on Parish Paths received from Lynda Porter. Parish Clerk read out report to Councillors. Cllr Donoyou will arrange (on the Parish Council’s behalf) for John Cooper from CCC to attend our next meeting if possible.

Letter received from Mr Cummins asking if the Parish Council owns the Spur. Over recent weeks there have been problems with missiles being thrown across his wall causing considerable damage. Mr Cummins listed several suggestions which he asked the Parish Council to consider. In the meantime Cllr Truman will speak with Mr Cummins about his letter. Parish Clerk to check with Land Registry in first instance to try to identify who owns the Spur.

12. Meeting with Elton Estates:
No report.

13. Reports from Councillors:
Cllr Kirk asked if the hole in the roof of the bus shelter had been fixed, it did not look like it had. Cllr Donoyou will have a look at what needs doing.

14. Date of Next Meeting:
Tuesday 20th December 2011

The meeting closed at 10.30 p.m.
Signed: ……………………………… Date: ……………………..