Skip to content

Minutes November 2012


Present: Cllr J Burgess
Cllr R Donoyou
Cllr B Doughty
Cllr I Kirk – Vice Chair
Cllr M Porter
Cllr R Shrive
Cllr R Todd
Cllr C Truman

In Attendance: Mrs W Gray (Parish Clerk), Cllr N Guyatt

The meeting was chaired by Councillor R Todd

1. Apologies for Absence:
PCSO Barry Chamberlain, Cllr R Hidderley

2. Declaration of Interest:

3. Freedom of Information – Mr Adams:
The Parish Clerk had been asked to put this item on the agenda by resident Mr Adams who wanted to speak with the Parish Council on issues and concerns he had and he also advised that there would be a reporter in attendance. Despite delaying the start of the meeting for several minutes Mr Adams nor a reporter turned up at the meeting and no notification had been received about non attendance. The Parish Council were updated by the Parish Clerk on what correspondence had been sent to Mr Adams. The Parish Council have assumed due to non attendance that the matter is closed.

4. Minutes of 16th October 2012:
Cllr Donoyou proposed minutes accepted as a true and accurate record, seconded Cllr Doughty, all in favour.

5. Matters arising from the above minutes:
Pumping Station – awaiting responses
Telephone Mast – awaiting responses
Speeding through the village (Duck Street, Back Lane, Middle Street, Wansford Road and Overend – two areas have been done to date namely Highgate Green and Overend and reports provided. Other areas will be covered in due course.
Letters from residents re footpaths – Cllrs Donoyou and Truman had spoken with both parties.
6. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Salary November £160.00
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Tax November £40.00
Wendy Gray – Expenses £132.27
Highgate Hall – Hire of Annexe – Invoice £17.00
K & M Lighting Services – Maint November 2012 £61.15
J Plowright – Grasscutting – October 2012 £250.00
Mr B Shrive – petrol for mowers £44.80

Proposed payments approved Cllr Porter, seconded Cllr Burgess, all in favour.

7. Precept 2013-2014:
The Parish Clerk will send copies of Receipts/Balance sheet and Budget to all councillors which will be considered for approval at next meeting.

8. Planning:
1201624FUL – Retention of caravan to provide temporary on-site living accommodation during periods of lambing and calving, part OS 0022 South West of Water Newton Lodge Gated Road (Water Newton Road), Elton, Peterborough – response to HDC Planning “we note states temporary accommodation item 1 of Planning Statement and item 2 on Planning Statement states requires use for up to 48 weeks a year”. The Parish Council do not consider 48 weeks a year a temporary period.

9. Allotments – Potential Site:
Cllrs Burgess and Donoyou to walk site, draw plan for letter to be sent to landowner for consideration.

10. Trees:
Cllr Donoyou met with CCC in July. Approved idea of kerbs on Block Green but not on little green outside The Crown.
The Chestnuts trees on each corner of the green should be cut down – trunks on 2 out of 3 are bleeding i.e cankering, small chestnut is also dying. Plans just to replant one side of the green, small leaf lime have been recommended. An article has been written for the Village Magazine and anonymous email address reported for responses to be sent to. This is a three year project to plant 60 trees. Most of the horse chestnuts will go in the future, the ash trees will go in the next 3 to 4 years. A lot of the oak trees have die back disease.

Costings – the highways would charge astronomical figures, suggest we control ourselves i.e. Richard Donoyou with help from others. Plan to put a notice on each tree a week or two before to say this tree is to be felled. Article to be placed in Village Magazine. The Parish Council need to be clear on what the plan is for the use of this material.
11. Special Projects:
Suggest we look at local highways improvement scheme for verges where they have been damaged.

12. General Correspondence:
Report received from PCSO re crimes over the last month.

13. Meeting with Elton Estates:
No meetings held recently.

14. Reports from Councillors:
Report received from PCSO.

Question for RD – could we contact someone from NCC re wooden bridge, steps in a treacherous state. RD suggested
look at working party (special project) as outside our Parish in Fotheringhay. We could have a look at what needs doing
measure up etc and advise NCC of our intentions and that we propose to fix if heard nothing from them within 28 days.

Footpaths – roots growing through path surfaces from Greenhill Road and along Highgate Hall, area in front of Potters Cottage in Middle Street. Highways to be advised.

Cllr Donoyou reported that looking at the Definitive Map there seems to be only one remaining footpath issue which is from Churchyard through cricket green and through stile. Stile from River Lane to gate into mill, stile now replaced by a fence. Request that Footpaths be put on next agenda, RD will produce a plan for councillors.

Cllr Burgess – could we ask PCSO to provide more information on his report.

Cllr Donoyou – no progress on lock through to Warmington footpath.

Cllr Doughty – camper van parking on green, lot more cars parking on the greens.
Dog Fouling in churchyard – Cllr Kirk will speak with Church Warden to see if signs can be put up.

Cllr Truman – marks have been made on path in front of his house down to PO, we had requested that vegetation was growing through tarmac in some areas, has any information been given from highways of when work will/may be done.

The meeting closed at 9.40 p.m.

15. Date of Next Meeting:
Tuesday 18th December 2012
Signed: ……………………………… Date: ……………………..