MINUTES OF ELTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE HIGHGATE HALL ON TUESDAY 16TH OCTOBER 2012 AT 8.00 P.M.
Present: Cllr R Donoyou
Cllr B Doughty
Cllr R Hidderley
Cllr I Kirk – Vice Chair
Cllr M Porter
Cllr C Truman
In Attendance: Mrs W Gray, Parish Clerk and Cllr M MacGuire
1. Apologies for Absence:
PCSO Barry Chamberlain
Cllrs J Burgess, R Shrive and R Todd
2. Declaration of Interest:
3. Minutes of 18th September 2012:
Cllr Donoyou proposed minutes accepted as a true and accurate record, seconded Cllr Doughty, all in favour.
4. Matters arising from the above minutes:
Pumping Station – overgrown vegetation – reported to Anglian Water
Telephone Mast – enquiries in progress
Verge down to Red Bridge – HDC dealing
Verge outside allotments on Back Lane – contractor has been asked to cut for the remainder of the year
Speeding through Village – PCSO has requested of his superiors for arrangements to be made for speed checks to be carried out
5. Authorisation of Payments:
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Salary October £160.00
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk, Tax October £40.00
K & M Lighting – Maint October £61.15
Open Spaces Subscription £40.00
Mr J Plowright – Grasscutting July and September £500.00
Moore Stephens – Annual Audit £183.60
The Parish Clerk read out comments from Moore Stephens re lateness of return.
Proposed payments approved Cllr Hidderley, seconded Cllr Donoyou, all in favour.
Quotation received from Glyn Mould re repairs to Village Sign of £450.00,
6. Planning: – No new plans received.
7. Conservation and Localism Bill: Cllr Donoyou still progressing.
8. Allotments – Potential Site: – nothing further to report at this moment in time.
9. Trees: – Cllr Donoyou reported we can have 60 new trees to plant over a period of 3 years. Proposed that we have some new trees to be planted, there are a lot of diseased and dying trees around the village, will speak with residents near to where proposed planting will take place, will also copy in Elton Estates. All Councillors agreed.
Resident on Middle Street had enquired if PC would make a contribution to cutting back trees in front of her property.
Resident on School Lane has advised that under the terms of her insurance is having some of the trees on the outside of her property cut back to keep roots under control.
10. Special Projects: – Village Sign – quotation received, agreed for work to commence.
11. General Correspondence:
Two letters received, one from Chairman of Elton Society and one from resident re footpaths from Elton Mill to Warmington and Elton church graveyard through wicket gate to the cricket ground. It was agreed that Cllr Donoyou would draft a response to be sent, copy to also be forwarded to Lynda Porter.
Letters from Mr Adams, Parish Clerk will send a response from Mr Kirk.
CCC is finalising the details of this year’s invitation for proposals under the Local Highway Improvement initiative and application forms will be sent out in due course. Receipt of bids required by 21st December 2012.
12. Meeting with Elton Estates: – Nothing to report.
13. Reports from Councillors: – Report received from PCSO.
Resident(s) allowing Dog fouling in Churchyard in front of individuals cutting the grass – would it be possible to put up a sign(s) – dog fouling Greenhill Road. Cost of buying/maintaining to be discussed at next meeting when finalising budget for next year’s precept for 2013/2014.
Cllr Truman wished it to be noted that this meeting would be the last meeting that he would act as Chairman and requested that the relevant authorities are advised, he will stay on the Parish Council but due to work commitments (as mentioned in May) would no longer carry out the role as Chairman.
The meeting closed at 10.15 p.m.
14. Date of Next Meeting:
Tuesday 20th November 2012 and Tuesday 18th December 2012
Signed: ……………………………… Date: ……………………..